A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Colloidal Silver

Has anyone tried this to help with their Hepititis C
I an getting ready to start the interfrgen treatment one shot a day for 12 weeks then down to 3 a week with coapegen>
Not to sure of some of this spelling but hopfully you get the Idea.

But mainly looking to see if anyone has tried the Colloidal Silver and if so what was their results.

Thank you
Gary
50 Responses
I looked into it when I first found out, but wasn't convinced it could help. In fact, I believe it can cause skin discoloration (bluish), and my doc (who is very open minded) advised me against it.
quack medicine it is called by some. it offers only testimonials and anecdotal evidence. No bloodwork or studies to document their claims.

why infergen? your second try? please share your stats.
105924 tn?1217611549
So about how long you have had HepC, how can one know really how long they have had it. I said 12 years, cause that is when it was found in a blood test. But, i did also have a blood transfusion when i was born, i was a rh factor baby. I have been exposed to every possible way of getting Hep C (tattoos, piercings, IV drug use, and blood transfusion) just don't know which one was really the cause. That leaves me wondering, how is a girl supposed to know when you do crazy things in your younger years. Therefore, i just go with the year at which we first noticed it.
86075 tn?1238118691
Wow. That does pose some questions. That does change your cirumstances.... I'd still do a lot of further testing - to try to find out if youre disease is progressing. I'm thinking of taking another biopsy in the coming year, some other tests, to see if there is progression, etc. There are some of us, prob because of a variety of reasons, that just don't have a very progressive disease status, at least for now. This board doesn't have a huge amount of members, so you can't get a good cross section feel for how the disease plays out in a variety of people. Janis does have many more people there, and there are more than a few like me, who've had it a long time and still have low liver damage. I just don't know how I would call it in your case, I'd still do plenty of investigating, youre still a 0-1. But you might still "consider" treating, like I said, I dont know all your circumstances, only you do. This decision will be totally up to you after you do all our testing and investigating.

Hopefully, youre following an exceptionally healthy lifestyle now, the food we eat is very important, it's an element that your liver has to deal with constantly. Plenty of veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, water, if you eat meat, low fat and not too often. Often, if youre liver is fighting off a disease, it needs as many nutrients as it can get, like the rest of your body. If I were you, and of course I'm not, I'd also look into a good vitamin herb regimen to help out with the nutrients factor, and the oxidative stress. This is also controversial with many, but I usually see the people who are really adamently against these regimens haven't ever taken them themselves or don't know much about them, or maybe had a bad experience because they didn't know much about them beforehand. Exercise, meditate, be MS. Healthy! whatever you decide to to do. Be well.
Colloidal Silver has been offered as a quack remedy for countless conditions.
It is a nasty, toxic,medicine show rip off-don't even thimk about it!
If you do want to know more there used to be a page on the Quackwatch site.
Sorry, never tried it...I'm afraid I'd have to get a giant tub of Tarnex and soak myself at the same time...
Cin
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.