Ct Scan

My husband has Hep C and cirrhosis of the liver stage four. The doctors did a CTscan and have found a lesion on his liver. How serious is this. They opted not to treat him because of his platlet count. They act  so vague. Should I be worried
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
did they order a follow up with an MRI ? this usually gives a better picture on what it is. I can tell you that most lesions on the liver are hemangiomas which are benign and nothing to worry about. Best of luck to your husband
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your answer. She said she wanted to do a MRI in three months.
Helpful - 0
they opted not to treat his hepc and cirrhosis. They said the lesion was irregular.
Helpful - 0
If I was you I would think about getting a second opinion from a really good heptologist.  There are things here with the medical history that none of us can really guess at cause none of us are doctors but I would find the very best one you can find (even if you can't treat with him all the time - some of them don't take insurance for example like my second opinion doco) and discuss all this with them.  I don't know if you are near the northeast but I went to Dr. Ira Jacobson in NYC - it cost me $600 (I'm a broke single mom) and it was the most worthwhile money I ever spent and probably the advice that got me cured today (well actually I had gotten the advice in here but needed a top level doctor to agree before my GI would go along).

Your husbands situation is serious and therefore getting as many verifications that you are heading in the right direction is a good idea.  Even for peace of mind.

Sorry I don't know more about it but there are several excellent doctors in this field who are really expert in the country.  Find one of them if you can.  That is what I would do. PS Most of them are willing to consult with your regular doctor for free and give their opinions to them so you don't have to be in the middle. You'd be surprised at how some of the doctors react to talking to one of the biggies - they are like rock stars in their universe and surprisingly my doc wasnt mad at ALL when he found out who I went to he was really impressed just to talk to him!

Good luck.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community