Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ct Scan

My husband has Hep C and cirrhosis of the liver stage four. The doctors did a CTscan and have found a lesion on his liver. How serious is this. They opted not to treat him because of his platlet count. They act  so vague. Should I be worried
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
did they order a follow up with an MRI ? this usually gives a better picture on what it is. I can tell you that most lesions on the liver are hemangiomas which are benign and nothing to worry about. Best of luck to your husband
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your answer. She said she wanted to do a MRI in three months.
Helpful - 0
they opted not to treat his hepc and cirrhosis. They said the lesion was irregular.
Helpful - 0
179856 tn?1333547362
If I was you I would think about getting a second opinion from a really good heptologist.  There are things here with the medical history that none of us can really guess at cause none of us are doctors but I would find the very best one you can find (even if you can't treat with him all the time - some of them don't take insurance for example like my second opinion doco) and discuss all this with them.  I don't know if you are near the northeast but I went to Dr. Ira Jacobson in NYC - it cost me $600 (I'm a broke single mom) and it was the most worthwhile money I ever spent and probably the advice that got me cured today (well actually I had gotten the advice in here but needed a top level doctor to agree before my GI would go along).

Your husbands situation is serious and therefore getting as many verifications that you are heading in the right direction is a good idea.  Even for peace of mind.

Sorry I don't know more about it but there are several excellent doctors in this field who are really expert in the country.  Find one of them if you can.  That is what I would do. PS Most of them are willing to consult with your regular doctor for free and give their opinions to them so you don't have to be in the middle. You'd be surprised at how some of the doctors react to talking to one of the biggies - they are like rock stars in their universe and surprisingly my doc wasnt mad at ALL when he found out who I went to he was really impressed just to talk to him!

Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?