Hepatitis C Community

DRY SKIN

hi everyone. just wondered has extemely dry skin anything to do with hep c? im hep c positive 9 years and not on any meds. i moisturise everyday and it doesn't help. my skin wasnt this dry b4 hep c............[ that was nice to write...my life before hep c]   thanx in advance to any answers
I have never heard of that before but with this disease who really knows all it's manifestations, most of us are clueless that we have it until years later so it's hard to tell.  Try Gold Bond it works for a lot of people who are on treatment when dehydration really is a huge issue.
drink lots of pure water......billy
Skin problems are an extra-hepatic manifestation of Hepatitis C infection.  Dry skin perhaps is an early precursor to more serious and annoying skin problems.  I really don't know.  I have lichen planus (from biopsy) which is probably a result of long term infection.  You can google skin problems and hepatis c to get the picture of what sorts of skin problems are associated with HepC.  If it is systemic, as it is with Diabetes e.g., ameliorative treatments like creams and lotions, humifiers, cool infrequent baths etc. will only have limited effect.  I am in favor of water, less salt and less sugar though.