Depression/Anxiety after treatment

I went on treatment for 7 months, and during it I experienced depression and severe anxiety and panic problems.  Prior to treatment I had never had these problems.  I am 20 years old and got Hep C from a blood transfusion when I was born.  I stopped treatment in Jan 08.  After a few months I felt normal, like I did before treatment, but lately I have been having similar problems with depression, not as severe but still there and interfering with my life.  Is this left over from treatment?  DId treatment bring this about, like uncover it?  Has anyone else had this problem?  I am still infected with hep c, genotype 4a, but my liver function is normal..  

Yep, You said you felt normal after a few months and now your starting to feel down again. I've had that same experience. There was no way to determine what was the cause. Just the constant knowledge of knowing its still with you is depressing. Red
If you didn't feel like this before tx then you are probably not doomed to depression for life, if that is what you are asking.  I failed tx too and it took me over a year before I could shake off the bad feelings of dread, anxiety and sadness.  I think I had a  kind of post traumatic stress thing from the trauma of the treatment and discovering that the virus was back when I least expected it (breakthrough).  So I'd say don't underestimate the effect of what you have just been through, both physical and psychological.  You hoped to be free of the virus but it's still there.  With time it gets easier, and distractions from thinking about it help.

All the best
dointime      
I did the 3 months Sovaldi with Riboviron with Hep C Genotype 2 and a lower viral load. I had no scarring of my liver. About 1 week after the treatment was complete for me...yes I completed it...I started having these anxiety attacks of impending doom, racing heart.,..Just terror. I was up pacing all night in fear of...fear.. Got hold of my specialist finally and was told..oh yeah, the Riboviron will do that and there is a new secondary med now, but anyway...then he tried to prescribe me an anti-depression drug and the pharmacist intervened as she said that there was no sense in just completing a treatment to heal my liver and then him prescribing me something that was going to not only rip at my liver, but would have it's own set of  detox issues down the road. She was my angel in disguise. She talked with him by phone, he being quite put off by her intervention and she talked him into an anti-itch medication by the name of Hydroxyzine HCL 25 MG. I was prescribed one at night and one in the morning BUT, I only took the one at night and the anxiety disappeared. I continued on these for another 3 months as I was told it takes a good 3+ more months for the Riboviron to leave my system entirely ( it's a very ingenious hider) and when the original panics began, it was at the time of day that I used to take the evening does. The body is craving the drug that you aren't giving it anymore and drops you into an anxiety attack. After the next three months I split the meds into 1/2 of 1 pill, then 1/4 and by the end of the 4th month tapering off, I was done. I still keep them just in case but haven't needed them since because....I found an excellent item that I take instead daily that has helped restore my health and has eliminated all depressions and anxieties and that is a strong strength of Omega 3. A friend of mine who runs a detox in California said that many detoxing who are dual diagnosis and suffer from Bipolar disorders and even schizophrenia have had positive results from this Omega 3 as it works with the receptors in your brain as well. The strength I take has these contenst/ingredients. Premium Fish Oil Omega 3 - MAX-POTENCY - 3,600mg + 1,296mg EPA + 864mg DHA + Immune Support + Heart Health + Brain Health, Joint + Skin Support + Burpless + Natural Lemon Flavor, 120 CAPSULES. MAV Nutrition is the company and it sells for $16.00 on Amazon. I feel marvelous! I also do not drink or use drugs and haven't for 17 years now. I hope this helps someone avoid all the pitfalls and second guessing as it was so so helpful to me. I am so blessed to have had THAT pharmacist in THAT drug store on THAT day. She saved my sanity and my life, I feel. NEVER underestimate the knowledge of your pharmacist over and above the MD. Often, the MD simply has a quota or an incentive to prescribe a medication without holding your best interest in mind. Sad but true. Good luck and good health to all.