Hepatitis C Community

Did I really finally slay the dragon? SVR12!!

After 4 attempts my dragon is finally slayed!  I just got my 12 week post Tx results and I am still UNDETECTED!  I am smiling ear to ear and floating on a cloud!  Thank you to everyone who has encouraged me!  I feel so blessed.

Diagnosed in 1998 via us mail after donating blood.  Likely have had the virus since the early 80s.
1999- 6 months Interferon 3x a week and Ribavirin.  No luck.
2012- 6 months Boceprovir, Ribavirin, Interferon- never hit undetected.  Sicker than a dog. Ugh.
2014- 3 months Sovaldi, Ribavrin and Interferon- undetected during treatment, but relapsed.
2015- 6 months Harvoni and Ribavirin-  12 week post tx SVR12!!

I am so happy and thankful to God, my family and friends (including y'all) that this disease is on its way out.  It makes all those treatments worthwhile to see the dragon dying in great numbers.  
That's fantastic news , very very happy for you , it will take some time to sink in ,  never forget how you are feeling now .
Congratulations! You have something to be extra thankful for this Thanksgiving! Dragon free!
That's great news.  Wow what a long journey.   Congratulations!
Great news and big time congratulations on joining the dragon killers club!  Good luck with your new life!!
As fretboard said, welcome to the dragon killers club, where the novelty never wears off. GREAT NEWS!!
Wow. You really deserve it after all those treatments. Congratulations.
Yea, Sue-sister, so happy for you!  Susan400
So happy for you congratulations it's finally over. Enjoy your new life. All the best.Welcome to the svr club. Yay!
Congratulations!  How wonderful!

Please take that last step up on to the Dias and receive your Dragon Slayer Supreme Insignia, which you have truly earned!

Welcome to your new, Hep C Free life!  Now, don't expect miracles immediately in energy, stamina, etc., but it will come as your system clears these strong medications.  You will, however start to feel better pretty quickly as the RIBA is not being put into your system daily ( probably 3 or so weeks) but don't start over doing it, too so.  Listen to your body, and rest epwhen it needs it!  You will reach your potential in a few months!

Blessings,

Pat
Heartiest congratulations on beating the hell outta those tiny buggers :)
Svr 12 is the new svr 24 as per my doc .
enjoy a healthy and happy virus free life ahead .
best wishes and warm regards .  
That is Wonderful news indeed!!

Congrats!