Hepatitis C Community

Disability

Has anyone here received disability due to HepC. I've done 2 rounds of Tx 26 weeks and 48. Not sure, waiting on labs but, I think I've relapsed.I surely can't do anymore interferon ( it kicked my butt severly). I don't think I'd be a viable candidate for any old drugs. I may have to wait for new stuff in the works. A few years or so. I am very fatiqued like I was when I found out I had Hep.
You can if you have company insurance...and in canada im pretty sure if you are unable to work..the govt pension plan has a disabilty option you can get...its takes 3 months to set it all up
Are you late stage 4?

I have had hep C for 35 years now and I do not consider myself the least bit disabled.

If I do reach the point where I am late Stage 4 and my liver disease is decompensated, I will probably change my mind but until that time I am just as capable and healthy as anyone else.
Some people almost die from TX...AND THERE are possible long term effects...even uncontrolled anger cna get you on a short term disable list...you are a danger to the public if you bite someones head off
Ive heard of this one guy on TX...he was so bad the doc ordered him away from work with pay...only in canada ,,eh?
now they are giving free herion to addicts in vancouver....its a trail study approved by govts
and coke