Hepatitis C Community

Dr Berkson Keynote at the National Institute of Health

http://nolahepper.blogspot.com/2009/11/dr-berksons-2009-videos-pancreatic.html

Thank you for posting this. I was almost tempted to visit this guy just to be fair about my judgement of him. You just saved me some gas money.

"Alpha lipoic acid..... I think it's absorbed in the stomach."
Burt Berkson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c29DAE4MGmo

I will definitely ask my neurologist his opinion about ALA and neuropathy when I see him next month.
While doing tx I saw an herbalist who is also an MD.
She highly recommended ALA and my heptologist had no problem with my taking it..

I googled triple antioxident and this is what I found right at the top.  The article is by George D Henderson but is about berkson.  It actually had my attention till this sentance.  Don't get me wrong, I am a believer in vitamins and supplements.

" Berkson treated each patient individually according to their symptoms, but his basic “Triple Antioxidants” regime is still the gold standard of treatment for preventing and alleviating the symptoms of hepatitis C and protecting the liver, just as combination therapy, for all its faults, is still the gold standard of treatment for killing the hepatitis C virus."

here is the link  http://www.chronicfatiguetreatments.com/wordpress/treatments/article-by-george-d-henderson-why-triple-antioxidants-relieve-the-symptoms-of-chronic-hepatitis-c/

Denise
It could be the same article that I'm quoting up top as that sentence is also in the article in my initial post.  I don't know enough about this to dispute the claim that the "Triple Anti-oxidants" is the gold standard of preventing/alleviating symptoms of Hep C and protecting the liver. I posted it primarily to generate discussion that could be learned from one way or another.  

I'd be interested to know where your concerns lie.

Trish
It was this part.  I don't know enough BUT I haven't seen or heard of any proof that anything other than SOC will kill or get rid of the virus.

"gold standard of treatment for killing the hepatitis C virus."

When I googled tripple antioxidants all that came up had to do with hep c (well OK I didn't go thru tons of pages)

Denise
Wrong thread .. was thinking I was in my thread.  Anyway....

You're misquoting.

Your previous quote says:
"gold standard of treatment for preventing and alleviating the symptoms of hepatitis C and protecting the liver" in reference to triple anti-oxidant therapy which is accurate

Now you're suggesting he's claiming that triple anti-oxidant therapy is:

and that's not the case at all.  

Where he mentions the gold standard of killing the virus is in reference to combination therapy - interferon and ribavirin:

"just as combination therapy, for all its faults, is still the gold standard of treatment for killing the hepatitis C virus."

This is the same article, same guy that is in the thread I started on triple-antioxidant therapy.