A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Dr Berkson Keynote at the National Institute of Health

http://nolahepper.blogspot.com/2009/11/dr-berksons-2009-videos-pancreatic.html

54 Responses
148588 tn?1465782409
Thank you for posting this. I was almost tempted to visit this guy just to be fair about my judgement of him. You just saved me some gas money.

"Alpha lipoic acid..... I think it's absorbed in the stomach."
Burt Berkson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c29DAE4MGmo

I will definitely ask my neurologist his opinion about ALA and neuropathy when I see him next month.
163305 tn?1333672171
While doing tx I saw an herbalist who is also an MD.
She highly recommended ALA and my heptologist had no problem with my taking it..
475300 tn?1312426726

I googled triple antioxident and this is what I found right at the top.  The article is by George D Henderson but is about berkson.  It actually had my attention till this sentance.  Don't get me wrong, I am a believer in vitamins and supplements.

" Berkson treated each patient individually according to their symptoms, but his basic “Triple Antioxidants” regime is still the gold standard of treatment for preventing and alleviating the symptoms of hepatitis C and protecting the liver, just as combination therapy, for all its faults, is still the gold standard of treatment for killing the hepatitis C virus."

here is the link  http://www.chronicfatiguetreatments.com/wordpress/treatments/article-by-george-d-henderson-why-triple-antioxidants-relieve-the-symptoms-of-chronic-hepatitis-c/

Denise
It could be the same article that I'm quoting up top as that sentence is also in the article in my initial post.  I don't know enough about this to dispute the claim that the "Triple Anti-oxidants" is the gold standard of preventing/alleviating symptoms of Hep C and protecting the liver. I posted it primarily to generate discussion that could be learned from one way or another.  

I'd be interested to know where your concerns lie.

Trish
475300 tn?1312426726
It was this part.  I don't know enough BUT I haven't seen or heard of any proof that anything other than SOC will kill or get rid of the virus.

"gold standard of treatment for killing the hepatitis C virus."

When I googled tripple antioxidants all that came up had to do with hep c (well OK I didn't go thru tons of pages)

Denise
Wrong thread .. was thinking I was in my thread.  Anyway....

You're misquoting.

Your previous quote says:
"gold standard of treatment for preventing and alleviating the symptoms of hepatitis C and protecting the liver" in reference to triple anti-oxidant therapy which is accurate

Now you're suggesting he's claiming that triple anti-oxidant therapy is:

"gold standard of treatment for killing the hepatitis C virus."

and that's not the case at all.  

Where he mentions the gold standard of killing the virus is in reference to combination therapy - interferon and ribavirin:

"just as combination therapy, for all its faults, is still the gold standard of treatment for killing the hepatitis C virus."

This is the same article, same guy that is in the thread I started on triple-antioxidant therapy.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.