Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1253246 tn?1332073310

Energy loss How to boost

I was wondering if there is anything I can eat or drink to boost my energy level? Im so tired all of the time and becoming inactive?All I want to do lately is"NAP".
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
87972 tn?1322661239
Hi Cindy,

I realize this might sound counterintuitive, but mild to moderate exercise is supposed to increase energy levels better than most drugs or supplements. It didn’t do much for me; before treatment, I was dragging butt, and I had a very active lifestyle as a carpenter. I remember having to take naps by eleven am some mornings, and I was far from sedentary those days.

For what it’s worth, after I treated, I got most of my energy back; less the few years older I was when I was done :o).

I suppose you could discuss Provigil (modafinil) with your doctor if you’re having problems staying awake for work; this has been used with varying degrees of success with other HCV patients in here. It’s supposed to increase focus and alertness, without involving the use of amphetamines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil

Good luck with your upcoming treatment, and take care—

Bill
Helpful - 0
179856 tn?1333547362
I'm sorry cindy but hopefully it will level out.  I had the same problem all throughout treatment (but I did have pretty bad anemia the whole time).  Have you checked your hemoglobin lately?

It's the most common of all problems on treatment........which is why I made every Saturday (day after shot day) my 'day of rest' where i could just lay in bed with my remote control and some cookies and fudgicles and nap in and out and not feel the slightest bit guilty.  It became like a reward for me for getting through the week.

it was fun while it lasted!  :)
Helpful - 0
476246 tn?1418870914
Not to be pessimistic, but this was my personal experience. The more I tried to be active, the more it knocked me out.

So try what you can, but be mentally prepared that it might not help.

Have you checked you Vitamin D levels? They play a big part in well being and health. There are some threads here about vitamin d. Have your doctor check the levels!

All the best, Marcia
Helpful - 0
Personally, I cannot underestimate the importance of drinking A LOT of WATER and taking everyday walks - FRESH AIR does miracles. I noticed that when I am slacking away from drinking enough water or miss my walk, I simply shut down and feel completely out of energy. Perhaps, if I could afford to keep laying on the couch, I would do that, but I definitely would feel much more miserable then. Instead, my super active 2 year old twins actually help me stay in shape, even when my hemoglobin drops down to 8.0. No matter how tired I feel in the morning, I get out of bed and MAKE myself drink a glass of water, and then I keep drinking water every hour - it gives me energy, it's my fuel.
At the beginning of the treatment I was not sure if I would be capable even to take my kids to the park by myself, so we hired a nanny first and I stayed home. And then I realized it was a mistake, as I was the one needing those walks. The main idea - no rushing, avoid stress, don't push yourself. But it doesn't mean staying in bed. It means drink water and take walks, breath fresh air. This is my recepie for successfully surviving daily infergen and riba. Maybe it could help you, too?
Helpful - 0
87972 tn?1322661239
I’m not sure, but I don’t think Cindy has started treatment yet; I believe she’s currently waiting for insurance, etc? Of course, she can use all this info directed towards her in the future.

Bill
Helpful - 0
1253246 tn?1332073310
No I havent started tx as of yet.Probably sometime in june.Its just that im so incredibly tired all of the time.I usually plant a garden this time of the year and havent even got the energy to do that.And this is a hobby that i have.I will be having a biopsy on Tuesday and go from there.You people are incredible!!!!Im soooo glad I found you!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
1148619 tn?1332010984
I have not started tx yet and the tired feeling just started for me in Nov. I am so active and keep active but by early afternoon I am done. This is what is making me look @ tx. I meet with Doctor April 29.  Water helps.
Helpful - 0
I use organic chocolate whey powder and organic eggs with good powered greens drink and a tblespoon of organic first pressed virgin oive oil,f this dont get dancing,nothin will
Helpful - 0
I also throw in ground flax seed and arrow root powder in the whey shake
Helpful - 0
as already mentioned the best thing is light to moderate exercise and at least 30 minutes per day. It will help to boost your energy levels
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?