Hepatitis C Community

Epclusa, insulin resistance

Sitting here in SF at CPMC. Co-unfected with b and c. Just took my first Epclusa. Just told I am IR. I am thin, eat right snd exercise. Soooooo.......you think the IR will resolve after SVR? My father has type 2.
You should probably ask your doctor about your possibility that your IR could resolve.

We are a community of people who have or had hep c. We are only laypersons coming together for support with living with hep c, dealing with treatment, and living with the aftermath of long term infection.

Wishing you the best on treatment and hope your medical team has good advice and information for you about your IR.
Apparently there can be a link between hep c infection and the development of IR so that would be the hope that by eradicating the virus you may be able to reverse the trend towards diabetes but your doctor should have much more information about that.
Unfortunately, my liver doctor is a transplant surgeon who said, "maybe". My gp is a PI thanks to medi-cal who doesn't even know anything about IR. Ugh. I read a 2008 study posted here about reversal after IF induced SVR. I was quite an active member around 2005. Tons of info then.
Maybe speak with a specialist in diabetes or a gastroenterologist who is knowlegable in both areas