Hepatitis C Community

Exercise after treatment

Hello all, I am now SVR 4 month, can I start going to gym? If yes what kind exercise can I do, that do not overload my liver. I have fibrosis stage 2.  
You can go back to a normal life except it would be wise not to drink alcohol. Exercise is great, even for a sick liver.
Yes you can, but do make sure your rbc count is back to near normal, which it should be now. Do continue to keep drinking plenty of water.
Thanks SurfsideGal & hepc4Sandi

What about lifting weights?
I've been lifting heavy weights for over 30 years...almost as long as I had HepC. I've never read anything to indicate that lifting has any effect, one way or the other, on the liver. I love lifting weights and it's part of my daily routine.

I'm SVR12 with the same amount of liver damage as you. If you have any doubts, ask your physician. Otherwise, if the rest of your  body can handle it, go for it. Just ease into it and practice impeccable form to avoid injury.

Good luck

Unless you have other conditions or circumstances you haven't mentioned working out is great. Heck, I never stopped working out.. During treatment and especially after.

Here's to you and getting your life back :)
Thanks all for respond, I will start do some exercise and will back my normal life like was before.