Hepatitis C Community

Exercise after treatment

Hello all, I am now SVR 4 month, can I start going to gym? If yes what kind exercise can I do, that do not overload my liver. I have fibrosis stage 2.  
You can go back to a normal life except it would be wise not to drink alcohol. Exercise is great, even for a sick liver.
Yes you can, but do make sure your rbc count is back to near normal, which it should be now. Do continue to keep drinking plenty of water.
Thanks SurfsideGal & hepc4Sandi

What about lifting weights?
I've been lifting heavy weights for over 30 years...almost as long as I had HepC. I've never read anything to indicate that lifting has any effect, one way or the other, on the liver. I love lifting weights and it's part of my daily routine.

I'm SVR12 with the same amount of liver damage as you. If you have any doubts, ask your physician. Otherwise, if the rest of your  body can handle it, go for it. Just ease into it and practice impeccable form to avoid injury.

Good luck

Unless you have other conditions or circumstances you haven't mentioned working out is great. Heck, I never stopped working out.. During treatment and especially after.

Here's to you and getting your life back :)
Thanks all for respond, I will start do some exercise and will back my normal life like was before.
You can do any exercise you want, what ever you can tolerate. Keep in mind, you will probably tire quickly at first, until your body readjusts to the increase in your exercise.  Exercise is actually great for the liver and most doctors want you to exercise. If you don't have any issues from anemia from treatment and you have no issues with your spleen, you  can do anything you want w/regards to exercise. That said, check with your doctor first to make sure that the rest of your body is okay for exercise, i.e., your heart, lungs, etc.  I exercised all the way through my last treatment even and that was when I was on Pegasys interferon and Ribavirin and Sovaldi. It is a tremendous help with depression and muscle/joint pain. I honestly don't see how I could have done as well as I have with having had Hep C for 33 years, if I had not exercised.  I wish you great success with going forward.
susan400
Thanks for info, I already started easily on exercise and really start feeling more energy coming back every day.