Hepatitis C Community

Exercise and Walking

Interested in finding out if you guys have the energy to even try exercise or walking - I find I get winded very easily and it's only been 3 weeks but is there anything during this beginning time of tx that's feasible and that others have found that works to help with the energy levels?  I've lost 6 lbs so far - only 94 more to go but really not trying to lose, just not eating hardly at all. Since my lifestyle has slowed considerably due to treatment - maybe it's not a bad time to focus on me and getting a healthier outlook and lifestyle. Before I had symptoms of HepC, I walked every day 3 miles a day then the fatigue killed that idea and I went from work to bed.  Was hoping to not get in that same rut.  I also had so many sore bones and muscles, my hips used to ache when I tried to sleep at night - now since Tx, no more bone pain.  Let me know what everyone's doing.  Thanks Kyle
You're right - it feels like we're on hold.  I guess I just want to see what I can do to change that a little, keeping life moving on but everything seems most days too overwhelming for that but I'll keep trying.
life as we know it has been put on hold. Boy that is so true. I am one that before tx enjoyed exercising it was important to help me maintain my life (bad back). I just don't have the stamina right now for the program I had prior to tx. so I try to work exercise into my day, what I can handle a little at a time.
exercising is something you should force yourself to do even if it just a little bit at a time.if you just lay around doing nothing your muscles and joints will lock up and make you feel worse.slow
I have found that I cannot tolerate the sun and as silly as it sounds at 2oclock each week day our PBS station has a very mild 30 minute exercise program.  It is for the home and wheel chair bound but it involves exercise for the joints and musles.  I don't know about anyone else but I have heart pounding, cannot catch my breath and chest pain if I over exert. My life is certianly on hold.Van
At first I tried not to change my life style so it was yoga or gym or basketball about 3 times a week but over time that changed to fridge couch tv but then spring, my savior came around and i started working on my gardens. had to take it very slow but I was motivated and as we all know gardens are very judgementale so I couldn't slack if there was to be antything to show for it.
I remember the first few weeks of tx I was lifting weights and found out immediatly after the first shot that my streght was half of what is was prior to tx. So if I was bench pressing 10 to 12 reps my reps were cut in half to 5 to 6. The next day I would be wiped out. I began to see then that I was going to have to pace myself through all my daily physical activties.
Somtimes after a really phsyical day the next day I can't do anything but lay around. I glad that summer is coming to a end The sun intensified my sx.