Fibrosure Blood Test
I had a Fibrosure Blood Test and did not fast (i was told that  i did not need to).  I found out i was  to fast for 10-12 hours.  How does that affect the results??
You should ask your doctor your question. That you had seen elsewhere fasting was needed for the test and what, if any effect on the test result would having eaten prior have.

I did find this on the NIH web site

“Although FibroTest may be performed on blood samples from fasting or non-fasting patients, FibroMAX must be performed on samples from fasting patients.“

So it looks like it depends on the specific test used.

But I assume that if you did take a test that does require fasting prior that you will need to repeat the test as the results may not be valid. But you should discuss your concerns with the doctor (or the nurse) who ordered the test.

Why were you having the Fibrosure test? Have you had hep c for many years?

I have read that in general for patients infected with hep c only about 20% will develop advanced liver disease after 20 years of infection.

I know for me I was infected for 30 years before I was diagnosed with cirrhosis in 2008.

Best of luck to you
I had as cites 6 years ago. My LFT  has been great for the pas 5 years. My Gastro. DR.  wanted to see if i had cirrhosis.  The test showed no Nash or Stenosis. Fibrosis F-1 F-2. Dr. said that was scarring from drinking and that i probably never had cirrhosis as  was thought by other Dr.'s because of the as cities. He was not concerned that i didn't fast.
Never tested positive for hepatitis. Ultrasound showed normal sized liver with coarsening of the echo-texture.
Well ascities are a symptom of cirrhosis but can have other causes. Also if you did have early alcohol induced cirrhosis the liver has amazing powers of recovery if you have not caused too much damage and stop what is causing liver injury like stopping drinking. I assumed you have hep c because you posted in the Hepatitis c forum.

Liver enzyme tests only show if something is bothering your liver currently. They don’t correlate to amount of liver damage.

When I had hep c my liver enzymes were only slightly elevated but after being infected for 30 years I was diagnosed with cirrhosis. Now that I am cured of hep c my liver enzymes are in normal range because hep c is not harming my liver anymore but I still have liver cirrhosis. I have a small amount of ascities and lower leg swelling called edema. I also have a low platelet count due to having cirrhosis.

Since you do have F1-F2 liver scarring you probably should take it easy with drinking or better yet quit if you can. My liver ultrasounds day corsening of echotexture consistent with cirrhosis. A liver really should have a smooth texture not coarse so one more reason I suggest you should consider giving up alcohol.

Best of luck
Lynn