Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

For those who CAN'T go the traditional treatment route

I only recommend this article for those who CAN'T treat with traditional treatment,so don't shoot the messenger. It's just an FYI  that I came across. I don't know how reputable this Dr is. I of course believe in traditional treatment 100% but it doesn't work for all  & some can't take the side effects...and THEN alternatives ONLY as the last chance or option for hope... It's the Alpha Lipoic Regimen.    Here is the link below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/antioxidants-benefits_b_509655.html
58 Responses
148588 tn?1465782409
Same old tired story that's been retold on here a dozen times.
If you go through the archives, you'll find those who proclaim the loudest that they "can't" treat with interferon are the ones who become hysterical and angry if you ask them for details of why  they can't treat. Mysterious sores and rare syndromes sound more like rationalizations and doctor/patient screwups than actual reasons the closer that their stories are examined.
Personally, I think the world is a safer, happier place if they don't use interferon, so -  win/win situation.
here we go again. another dr berkson follower.

FYI, it doesn't work.
Even after you state your reason for the post and ask for them not to shoot the messenger you still get the same response.  I sometimes wonder how much brain damage is done with TX .
148588 tn?1465782409
Berkson's tale of his noble fight against the system has reached the point of 'yelling theatre in a crowded fire'.  He needs to come up with some new material, otherwise even the gullible are going to become bored with him.
I never said I was a follower. I have never gotten into the debate about Dr Berkson. I only now searched the archives about him and saw the responses...What does "brain damage" have to do with anything other than shooting the messenger? I'm sorry if I don't fit into the "knowledgeable" private club. Geeez!
You know, I looked over this thread and knew exactly where it would go.
We all know Berkson is out there, it's no big deal.  

mj6000 don't take offense because I think you knew exactly the type of response you would get or you wouldn't have said don't shoot the messenger.  You like to promote positive thinking and did you think the reaction was going to positive?  

Trinity
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.