What a great idea, countrygirlcansurvive! Will be watching this by the minute :). Glad to hear you are still doing well! Keep us posted...it is music to my ears ;)
I am so happy to read such great results my Dr put me in bit they said my platelets were to low they were seeking a 90 or better - anyone here have low platelets? He did say I will do it when it comes out in a year.You all give such good hope for the future!
Hi Jen322! Are you in this Study yet or waiting to start it?I just got my 1 week Lab results from starting this Study on June 29th.It shows Normal Range for the Platelet count is 140-400..My screening Day6/18 it was 244 on and on 7/5 it was at 296..
DAY 15 of 12 weeks for me on the tx,and also Friday's is my Shot days.Im still feeling pretty good.I have a couple of side effects,Bad Brain Fog ( meaning short term memory is getting bad) and I get out of breathe very easily..Other than that I FEEL GREAT!
@ MDUDLEY :) thank you very much..If I can keep my mind together I will continue to post everyday.
God Bless All
I would have to ask the more Experienced ones on here to give the Advice you need.I am Sooo New here and I dont have ANY knowledge at all about HepC or Cirrhosis other than I got it.Thats why I came on here to learn from the ones that have been going through this tx ordeal longer than me.
So Hector, Pooh, Cando and All of you feel free to Clue us in on whats what.
Well I'll throw in my pennies worth, sounds like your doctor is pretty much on top of things. At your age and such a low fibrosure test I would agree a biopsy isn't needed and also 12 weeks of interferon should not be a problem... That said you do have plenty of time, you could wait and watch how these meds do with just a short treatment time frame. as I'm not sure if there is any data yet on only 12 weeks of treatment. Within a few years we should know alot more about these drugs and total treatment times.
Good luck on deciding, I hope everything works out for you.
countrygirl, hope all is well with you.
Thanks for your input. Really want to get some thoughts about what someone would do in my shoes. I know I can wait for interferon free trials but am I losing out by passing on this 12 week trial? I would probably be done with this before another trial opens. Again, its the interferon that scares me. I think that GS7977 and BMS trial that had great results is still on my mind.