Generic Harvoni in India

Hi Everybody ! I need help to get any related information about generic version harvoni and sovaldi. I have found today the pre-order offer for generic harvoni from India. I have been informed from indian newspapers that generic version become available soon within 2-3 months on Indian market . Does anyone know something else about this? Any ideas? My Mom is suffering from fibrosis stage 3 , and now i'm feel that here is only one way to cure hepatitis C using the harvoni. But our insurance would not cover branded version!!! Does anyone waiting the generic version like me?

And finally, it will be accessible for patients from abroad?

Any recommendations, please .

Thanks and regards,

Alex
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Where are you from? What geno?
Helpful - 2
Awesome that you took the trip and got your meds .

I will be completing 4 weeks ( 28 days ) of my lesovir -c of Beximco tomorrow ( Sunday 8th Nov  ) and will be getting my viral load test done on Monday morning  .

Will post results here once i get them ...

my pre tx viral was 42.70.000

Best wishes and hope you have a safe journey back home and pop your 1st tab soon .

warm regards . .
Helpful - 1
Went to Dhaka three weeks ago to buy medicine. Contacted Incepta pharmaceutical went there showed them a letter that says I'm hcv positive but no mention of any drugs, and that was enough, amazing.
Bought 12 weeks course worth of pils
72400 taka. Started treatment same day.
Next day I felt a bit sick but nothing major. After first week it really felt good. I was in Bangladesh for three weeks
But really could do it all in one day.
I was prepared to go to doctor to get prescription because I only had that London homerton hospital letter with no mention of drugs, only saying that I've got hcv for 14 yeRs.
Went there to see that incepta and talk to them. Was really impressed with facilities. Showed my passport and that letter and they said its enough to get Twinvir. They took me to exchange shop to exchange GBP in their van with Incepta logo on it. Went back bought it got invoice as well. Rest of the time I traveled to cox's bazaar and spent time there. Second week it felt really different. My mind was never this clear ever. Now I'm in UK. Got back yesterday.
Country a bit shocking to be honest, I ve been in Thailand for leisure and it's heaven and hell in comparison.
If you have any questions ask me please
Sorry, I'm foreign and not that fluent yet but sure can explain you all you need
Helpful - 1
My doctor in the USA prescribed.  Harvoni.  My co pay is 4000 U.S. Dollars using my Medicare part D.
That 4 k is for just one month.
Dear Londoner 777 Can you please tell me how I contact Inceptsa from abroad.
Dear All,

I am new joiner from New Delhi,India.

I work in Indian Pharma Company which is marketing Sofosbuvir and Hepatitis B drugs.
Generic Harvony is also coming to us in next week after Diwali,as per circulated news.

I am willing to share the recent news regarding Generic Sovaldi and Generic Harvoni from New Delhi.
Helpful - 1
Hi jassudabbu How can I contact Mylan or Cipla or other main Indian companies to get Harvoni directly from the company
Hello beth , you may please go back to page 3 of this thread , i have written in detail how i got my meds and other info .
best wishes and warm regards .
Helpful - 1
do you need it i will try to help
Helpful - 1
I need it i want to be cured so that i can apply for work pls . Trusted source
sorry,Sent a wrong
Helpful - 0
Harvoni or any of the Generic is not approved or available in India as of now
Helpful - 0
HEllo everybody,  i have been notified,  that generic will become available during two nearest months. Cipla wants to name generic harvoni as HEPCVIR.  Also i have found interesting tweets from Laurent Garcia, https://twitter.com/laurent_garcia/ And subscribed to him. Currently that's all what i know.

Regards,
Alex
Helpful - 0
Dear Erick
The company answered positively was Strides Arcolab Limited. Others did not replied.
Helpful - 0
Dear akramovm:

Thank you very much for this info.

Do you know how can I contact Strides Arcolab Limited? Do you have some email that they are replying about this. I am also looking to know when this HEPCVIR generic Drug will be available from Cipla and if there will also a generic for Harvoni.

Thanks,

Erick
Helpful - 0
Dear Akramovm:

Look this:

Natco has lauched its generic version of Sovaldi on March 12th,c2015 to US$318 American Dollars the Bottle for one Month, so an average of US$900 for 3 bottles.

This generic is called: HEPCINAT

Here below the link:

NATCO RECEIVES GENERIC SOFOSBUVIR (SOVALDI®) APPROVAL FOR INDIA

http://natcopharma.co.in/index.php/news-for-dump/201-NATCO-RECEIVES-GENERIC-SOFOSBUVIR-%28SOVALDI%C2%AE%29-APPROVAL%20FOR-INDIA

and I also found these Links:

http://www.sofosbuvirprice.com/hepcinat-400-tablets-sofosbuvir-natco

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/companies/natco-pharma-gets-nod-to-sell-hepatitis-c-generic-drug-in-india-shares-hit-fresh-52-week-high/article6985720.ece
Helpful - 0
You can get this info from the Gilead website, both the licensed Indian drugs manufacturers and the 91 countries where the generics will be sold more cheaply:

http://www.gilead.com/~/media/Files/pdfs/other/HCV%20Generic%20Agreement%20Fast%20Facts%2012315.pdf

I have been trying for some time to find an Indian hospital, or hepatologist and more importantly a TRUSTED source of drugs in India.  You would think that the Indian medical tourism industry would be queuing up to offer treatment considering the demand but that seems not to be the case.  Maybe it is just too early.  When Harvoni is on the shelves in India I really hope to hear of a place which is welcoming international patients for hepC treatment.  If anybody out there does find this place I would appreciate hearing about it, so PM me please.  I am happy to share all my research so far with anybody who is interested.  The Gilead link more or less says it all though,

dointime      
Helpful - 0
According to the Gilead web page, the Indian generic isn't licensed for the USA (obviously). I wonder if this means that the Indian pharmas and MDs won't sell it to U.S. citizens?

Mike
Helpful - 0
My guess is you will have to go to India to get the drug but that may be a heck of a lot cheaper than paying out-of-pocket here in the states. The thing is if you don't have insurance and are low income, you should be able to get Gilead to give it to you as long as you can obtain a script from a doctor. However, it may be easier to get a script in India than to get one in some of the states here where they don't want anyone on Medicaid to treat unless they have cirrhosis.
Helpful - 0
Thanks drrubesh. I hope the generic harvoni can also be available soon on India.Please let me know anything that you can know about this.

I hope this drug can be exported to Peru in Soutth America and above all to get a trusted source of drugs in India to purchase it.
Helpful - 0
Hi dointime.

Thanks for this PDF. It seems Gilead has not included my country "Peru" in its list.

In any case I think the travel to India is one good idea. The important thing as you mention is to get a good hepatologic doctor there or good Hospital in India and the TRUSTED source of this drug on India.

Please PM when you know this generic Harvoni could be available there in India and what could be the best plan to get it.

Thanks,

Erick

Helpful - 0
Dear all,I  live in Bosnia and Hercegovina and I am sooo interested in therapy of hepatitis C. We cannot afford so high price of drugs but informations about cheaper prices in India are wery welcommed.
Thank you a lot to all good people who wants to help.

God bless you all :)
Helpful - 0
Below is an exerpt from FiercePharmaAsia, a financila news letter I receive.

It names SOME, but NOT ALL of the 90 countries NATCO hs planning on distributing to.  Plus Hetero Labs, has thier version ready for distribution, and 4 or 5 others are almost there.  I believe that I read somewhere that ther were 10 companies getting generics ready for disbribution plus Gilead will be distributing ther at a reduced price agreement.  

If I find a list of the companies, I will share the list.  -  OR someone else finds it -  I am sure they will share.  Hope this offers some help.

#####################

On Friday, Hetero Pharma was also cleared to market a generic Sovaldi and said it would launch by the end of the month at home and in other countries. Natco and Hetero announced a price in India of $318 for a bottle of 28 tablets, or just over $11 a pill. Both are for 400 mg doses. Natco also said it expects to launch its version, which it labeled Hepcinat, "very soon" through partnerships with other India drug makers, but set no date.

Both companies are among the now 10 in India to sign non-exclusive licensing deals with Gilead after it lost its local patent for the drug. In addition, Natco said it would take advantage of the fact Gilead had no patent in those countries to sell its version in Bangladesh and Nepal.

Gilead said, "Sofosbuvir recently received regulatory approval in India (January 2015), and regulatory submissions have been completed in additional countries, including Pakistan, Thailand, Brazil, Uganda, South Africa and Nigeria." The 8 generics makers, free to set their own prices, would still be competing against Gilead and the brand. The company recently negotiated lower prices with Germany's regulators.

#################################

Good Luck and hope your Country is on the list, or one close enough to get treatment.

Pat
Helpful - 0
Dear patra_

I also have found this article here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-08/-10-copy-of-gilead-s-blockbuster-sovaldi-appears-in-bangladesh
Helpful - 0
Dear all , Good day to you .

Generic Sofosbuvir is now available in India . ( as of March 17 2015 )

It can be bought for approx $300 for 28 tablets .

I spoke with a company representative from Zydus yesterday and he said it was now freely available in All metro cities with a Doctors Prescription .

Hope tis helps .
best wishes and warm regards

Helpful - 0
Here is a post that i made / updated regarding the same :)

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Sofosbuvir--Riba-24-weeks-/show/2155458

best wishes always .
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the link.  Good article.  I am so glad to see the spreading to so many countries!  Hoping that within the next few months, it will be available, at a low/reasonable cost in ALL of the underdeveloped nations, as well as available at a much more reasonable cost in all developed countries.

We need to get rid of this disease, which is now so cureable!

Pat
Helpful - 0
hi
my name is Petre ,gen 1b,  F4
i'm from romania
and waiting for generic Harvoni to be lounched in India and somehow to buy'it from there
great info in this topic
Helpful - 0
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community