Hepatitis C Community

Genotype 3a harvoni anyone?

hello, i've been infected hepatitis c 4-5 month ago accidentally. i am 19 and my genotype is 3a. i am starting treatment in 28 and doctor told me i am starting with ledipasvir+sofosbuvir. so i looked it up on the internet and it says it's not for genotype 3a. what should i do? or has anyone taken harvoni for gen3? and how high is my chances of cure?
ALT 48
AST 37
This is from the AASLD (American Association for the Study of Liver Disease) treatment guidelines for genotype 3 treatment  naïve:

Genotype 3 Treatment-Naïve Patients Without Cirrhosis - Recommended
Recommended regimens are listed in groups by level of evidence, then alphabetically.

Daily daclatasvir (60 mg*) plus sofosbuvir (400 mg) for 12 weeks is a Recommended regimen for treatment-naïve patients with HCV genotype 3 infection who do not have cirrhosis.
Rating: Class I, Level A

Daily fixed-dose combination of sofosbuvir (400 mg)/velpatasvir (100 mg) for 12 weeks is a Recommended regimen for treatment-naïve patients with HCV genotype 3 infection who do not have cirrhosis.
Rating: Class I, Level A

* The dose of daclatasvir may need to increase or decrease when used concomitantly with cytochrome P450 3A/4 inducers and inhibitors, respectively. Please refer to the prescribing information and the section on HIV/HCV coinfection for patients on antiretoviral therapy.

http://www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report/initial-treatment-box-summary-recommendations-patients-who-are-initiating-therapy-hcv

Ledipisvir Sovaldi is Harvoni and you are correct it is not a recommended treatment per the AASLD as the two listed above are more effective.

The first drug listed as daclatasvir (60 mg*) plus sofosbuvir is called by the trade name Daklinza.

The second drug above sofosbuvir (400 mg)/velpatasvir (100 mg) is called Epclusa.

Is your doctor experienced in treating hep c and is current with the state of new treatments?

Ask him if he is familiar with Epclusa and Daklinza  

Here is some additional information from the University of Washington in Seattle

http://www.hepatitisc.uw.edu/go/treatment-infection/treatment-genotype-3/core-concept/all
yes she is very experienced with hepatitis c. as i told i am meeting her in 28 so i'll ask her everything. thanks for answer!