I would wait 1 year. Why?" Cause that stuff scares me and I don't trust any medical stuff 100% - doctors either. I am just super careful. What's a few extra months?
Whatever you decide I wish you and she and the baby health and prosperity.
Congratulations on your marriage.
Congratulations, and best wishes. I think it is wise to wait a year. Better safe than sorry, besides I think its a good idea to put a few miles on a marriage before having kids.
Whatever you decide, ....ain't love grand!
Maybe some of these can help. I wish you and your lovely bride all the best =)
(Trade Name Copegus) Hepatitis C Ribavirin Pregnancy Registry Kendle International
Phone: (800) 593-2214
Phone: (910) 509-4991 (call collect)
For what it's worth, if anything.
Do what you think is best for your *child*. If this woman is everything you say she is, she will want to do what is best for your child as well, regardless of her own disappointment. The wellbeing of the child will trump that for her. If you think waiting six months to get pregnant will give your child a better shot at being healthy and happy then *do it*. For the rest of your lives together, the question will always be what is best for your child and that is the question now. You will also likely enjoy the pregnancy much more together with much less nagging doubts in your mind.
Good luck and I wish you every happiness.
rbv is stored by RBCs and only released on cell death. Since RBCs are long-lived ( I believe 4 months is a typical estimate) EOT is accompanied by a gradual, time-release, reduction of rbv. Try looking for "+erythrocyte +ribavirin +lifetime" for more details. Six months seems a pretty generous estimate to wait out the death of the last rbv-soaked RBC, maybe 9 if you want to feel more secure.
rbv is a strong teratogen but given that your role (biologically-speaking..) in the pregnancy is much more limited than hers there's less opportunity for trace circulating rbv to have an effect.
Best of luck!
I agree w all ,but mostly mike . these meds are brutal that way I.am scared to death ,cuz we are thinkin about another . 9 months or a year ,but you are the one who decides in the end . good lovin bob