Gilead creates new pill to treat all Genotypes!

Hi I just got an email that the FDA has approved a pill made by Gilead to treat all genotypes of HCV.. I hope this helps someone :)

FDA approves first pill to treat all forms of hepatitis C
Federal health officials on Tuesday approved the first pill to treat all major forms of hepatitis C, the latest in a series of drug approvals that have reshaped treatment of the liver-destroying virus.

The Food and Drug Administration approved the combination pill, Epclusa, from Gilead Sciences, for patients with and without liver damage. The new drug’s broad indication could make it easier to use than five other hepatitis drugs recently approved by the FDA, which are each tailored to different viral strains or stages of liver disease.

Continue reading this entire article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fda-approves-first-drug-epclusa-to-treat-all-forms-of-hepatitis-c/
Thanks Dee for posting this. Good to see you are still keeping up on things and still here to inform people.

Best,
cando
thank you so much Cando, so happy to hear from you, it looks like it will be about $75K for 12 weeks
thank you for posting this info!!!!
great news!
I just found out that this was approved on June 28th.
Thanks ya'll
I sincerely hope this helps people that have been desperate for treatment
Looking in to the trials they tried this on people with cirrhosis with moderate to severe, a high percentage got to SVR.  This is really good news!
bumping so people can see
Yeah, it's a shame Gilead charges exorbitant prices for a cure.  I'm not criticizing their creation of cures, even though they didn't actually create Harvoni they have done a lot for the world of HepC.  Go generic!!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-bernie-sanders/taxpayers-funded-a-lifesa_b_10968542.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqVooHNqYJU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie4Mtwc4-IQ

Fretboard, you're right, they do charge an awful lot.  They do help people to get the treatment so I guess that cost is factored in as well.  I am excited that there is a cure for all genotypes.
Thanks, Dee
Thanks, Dee.  I have heard of this new pill. My doctor had mentioned that it was going to be coming out, the last time I had discussed future treatments with him. I see him next month. But, I still feel it would be advantageous to me to get the resistance testing done, before doing any more treatments.  I know I will eventually get SVR, not worried about that.  I am very fortunately in that I have not had much increase in damage, all things considered. I mean, I've had this for 33 yrs and still haven't become Stage 3, so that is a good thing. It certainly gives me time to figure this stuff out with my doctor. If I was having symptoms of progression, like change to my MELD for example, there would be a big need to hurry. Or, if I was having things like fluid retention, a bleed, or something like that. But, none of that stuff has happened. For me it's basically, just been a stubborn pain in the butt, to get it GONE. That and the chronic fatigue that always drags me down. How are you doing with post Trmnt issues, your back pain, etc.?  Susan400
GP7852

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community