Hepatitis C Community

Got the blues

my energy level is really low...I think I may b sleeping too much. I have no desire to do anything...though there is plenty of apt. cleaning to do. I started paxil 6 weeks into tx (now 10th week...or is it 11?) First week..I was feeling kinda like myself, since then like a zombie. I live alone...my phone barely rings...maybe 'cause all I was talking about was tx...I don't know. My PC is giving me generic paxil at no charge becase I maxed my prescription plan...that isn't helping my well being..going up against (appealing their decision) my ins. co...that's for sure. I'm wondering if the Paxil may not be helping. I don't have much experience with AD's...I haven't even gotten out of my pj's today...brushed my hair..or anything. I cut my hair real short in anticipation of fall-out. 10 (or 11?)weeks later...still the same, but drier. I'm tired of being sick and tired! Just don't know what to do with myself. Sometimes I feel like my life is over and my body is just hangin' on here.
Im sorry your feeling lousy. Im feeling lousy too and havent even started treatment yet ..I haven't been out of my house in 3 days either just anticipating
all the crappy stuff that lies ahead. You will feel better everyone does...at what point of treatment though you dont know you will have to wait and see. I was on PAXIL when my dad passed (20mg) and I was sleeping 14 hours a day. I started taking it every other day and felt better. Ask your doctor about that. Im basically alone too and its crappy but we will somehow someway get thru this. Its for our own good. Are you able to work..getting our minds off this situation can only better our mind and spirit. We must keep sayinf to ourselves over and over this treatment is for our own good!!
Anytime you need to talk Im here.
Bonnie
I'm sorry you are feeling lousy too. I envy those that have hubby's or S.O.'s helping them. I have no family here and we don't talk on phone much.  I was in a relationship with my boss, before he was my boss. I moved to this area, left a really good job to be with him. We are in a platonic relationship now. It's hard...he has no comprehension of this illness, and can not be there for me emotionally...though he is there for me in other ways. He DOES NOT like if I miss work period. You are right, I am grateful to be working though. I am also taking 20 mg. of Paxil..I'll mention to doc about every other day.Are you taking ad's now? Thanks for writing back, Bonnie.
No  just anticipating the lovely treatment I start in the fall..........Its been very difficult for me just thinking about going thru it. But we have no choice.
Feel better and like I said anytime Im here!!!!

Bonnie

From what I hear sometimes its better to be alone people do not comprehend this illlness or its treatment. How can they? So I can relate...At least we can do whatever we want without someone complaining that we have no energy do do anything..........
The Ribavirin can make you feel depressed, angry and/or vunerable.  The men get riba rage. The women get weepy. If you are so tired you might need Procrit. Are you getting your CBCs done every other week? If your hemoglobin is less than 12 you need Procrit. Be sure you keep copies of all your labs. Best wishes to you. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi GrandmaA  I get tests done monthly...may 29 is next test. I'll be lucky if I can get ribaviren...let alone Procrit. I have to fill out application...and have dr. fill out his half...he's in Europe presently. It is an uphill battle...one day at a time...I know. I just don't feel up to the battle. Have you heard of people having fevers from tx. My head gets so (hot) warm...the roots of my hair are always damp...I don't have a thermometer...but I think waves of heat are radiating from me...colud be my imagination :) but the hot head thing isn't. Thanks for listening.
I'm sorry you feel so bad.  Sometimes, I think that our bodies just need the rest.  I did first shot Friday, got through okay with Tylenol pm and tylenol.  I have to credit my two little dogs, no matter how bad I feel, I have to get up to feed them and come home and feed them and care for them and they always put a smile on my face.  Maybe you might consider getting a pet?  I also cut my hair from shoulder length to pixie.  What a shocker!! Still trying to get used to it.  I hope you feel better.   I went onto the internet to help with the blues and ordered some guided imagery to manage stress at work and with this disease.  I will let you know how that goes.