Hepatitis C Community

HCV,Cirrhosis, Diabetes and now (possibly) kidney disease

So I went to my PCP to follow up on my A1C for my diabetes, going through my results my GFR was 56 and Creatinine was at 1.53 my Dr. wants to follow up next month. I decided to go through my previous blood work for the last year and found that my GFR has been declining in the last year, while my Creatinine level was moving up. I actually had recently went to see the Dr. treating my HCV and those results also showed the same results in GFR and Creatinine level approx. 8 days. My question, is this a normal progression considering my other ailments. Should i try to see a different doc or wait til next month?
What is the reference interval on the labs for your kidney values? Values like that could be related to medication, dehydration or not going to the bathroom (urinating) enough. This is entirely without other info or predictors related to your health. In general a wait and see perspective is not unusual. The thing is since you are cirrhotic and have diabetes I strongly encourage you to transfer your care to a Hepatologist who is trained to deal with coexisting medical conditions. That truly is the best person to determine how to proceed.

I saw this yesterday and wondered. I wish I could offer more. You might want to repost in the Cirrhosis of the Liver Forum

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Cirrhosis-of-the-Liver/show/1390

Meanwhile it would help to know when you had your fibrosis assessed and by what means and what genotype of HCV you have and whether you have treated in the past. It might be time to consider your treatment options if you have not already.
    You should go see a Kidney Doctor, as kidney disease can sneak up, especially with patients that have Diabetes, and High Blood Pressure.
   Kidney damage is irreversible, so you dont want this problem to progress at all.
I had my biopsy done last year it was scored F4 with the activity at A3, I have type 3a hcv, i was on treatment (interferon/ribavirin)for seven weeks but had to stop from the side-effects. The Dr. I see is an internist as well as a the only hepatologist in my city.