Hepatitis C Community

Hair Loss ?

hi everyone !
what has been your experience with hair loss from interferon.. how much did you loose if any and when did it start falling out?
the last two times i did interferon for 6 months i lost half of my hair and then when it grew back it looked like a pineapple (haha) .. this was the old interferon so i dont know if it makes a diff.. but this time i'm on 24 week triple w incivek @ week 16 and i dont have much of any hair thinning ...i am using nixon shampoo and scalp treatment dont know if that is making the diff.. or if it just takes longer to fall out....or maybe i'm immune to it after all that and chemo for breast cancer once...would love to hear your feedback ..

i have really loved reading all your posts..thank you so much for being so kind, brave and entertaining ! my best to all of you !
Nioxin is an excellent product. It really does help. I am starting my 7th week and so far so good. Stick with it and at least once a week moisturize heavily. Keep hair soft, set hair dryer to a lighter setting. Use a comb and wash every other day. Good.luck. Ps can u tell I am obssessed with hair loss. Lol
I plan to use glue when the time comes
louie,
that is a great idea...dont know why i never thought it myself....i'm sure it will look GREAT.. probably better than before....please send me a picture or utube video of your gluing technique...that would be so awesome ! thanks!!!
lol...ok will do.
I have long hair to my waste and breakage is the only problem I have had.
I tried to gluing it back and started to look like a Rastafarian had the Dreadlocks going for sure
As you read on my update post, I lost a lost of my hair - a lot of the hair on my head was lost due to an awful scalp rash that I had for about a month - between the interferon and the rash, I lost probably 50% of my already thin hair. What I did not expect was the loss of eyebrows and other areas after I was off of the interferon for a week or so.  Too bad that some of that will come back.  BTW, I had used Nioxin all the way up until the scalp rash and went back on it after my scalp was healed - did not seem to help me much.