Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Has anyone tried Mesosilver?

I cannot do Interferon again because of retinopathy, therefore am looking for ways/means to improve my quality of life. I lost my job in April and my Cobra insur. just lapsed.  I walk 30-40 minutes a day and try to eat a diet that supports my liver taking a few supplements, (Selenium, Alpha Lipoic Acid, SAM E, and Vitamin E occasionally C. and milk thistle)Primary symptoms of concern are low energy to fatigue and a lack of mental acuity. This varies to feeling scatter brained and memory loss to inability to sustain concentration. No matter what I do 6.5 hours is the most sleep I can get, often 5 is the routine. I frequently have an ache in my right side. The mornings when I wake up is the worst, dreams and thoughts are bizarre and I feel like the toxins get to my brain more when I am prone for some reason. I read somewhere that high blood sugar levels might make one a poor responder to tx which mine had been increasing during and after tx fasting 118-125. Thanks in advance for suggestions. Larry
125 Responses
that is tough, that you have so many extra hepatic symptoms and can't do anything to get rid of the virus. If the "alternatives" you are reading about, do not have actual medical studies to back their claims, I would say they are a waste of money.

Most of those sites are only dealing with anecdotes and testimonials and not even offering actual tests results to confirm what they claim.
can you inquire about new studies that do not include interferon?
go to clinicaltrials.gov and check to see if anything is been tried without interferon. good luck to you
diet, diet, diet!  I had all those symtoms pre-tx and clr'ng, and b/c of a badly damged b/no longer diseased liver, they still crop up.

The absolutely best diet for a bum liver is a vegetarian diet that also excludes dairy.  and no caffine.  Do I do it?  no, b/now I use meats and dairy as an ingrediant or flavoring b/mostly cut out meat-incl poultry and fish-esp salt water seafood and dairy--a little yougurt w/protein drink and butter w/toast, a little cheese on a taco.

The crazy thing, i have a relative that eats that way b/c she wants to, doesn't have too.  So I know its doable b/I'm too lazy to cook everyone a seperate meal.

also, juicing and lightly teamed veggies are the best.

The less work the liver has to do to filter out toxins, the less irratants ingested means the liver can 'rest and heal'.

All those memory and concentration problems sound like classic 'hepatic encephalopathy' and is really quite common since its just a chemical thing--too much ammonia caused 'fuzzy thinking.'  Dairy converts to ammonia in the small intestines immediately!  bummer
You're in a tough spot, bro' , and you have my full sympathy.   I just wanted to offer a slightly different perspective on complementary therapy for HCV.  Mesosilver is a big no no, as far as I'm concerned--silver accumulating in the body turns the skin gray, and how salubrious could that be?  After you research quite a bit more you'll probably agree that you should avoid this stuff at all costs.

However, there are safe and sensible alternatives out there.  After my monotherapy failure I relied on Traditional Chinese Medicine and a rigorous herbal protocol for fourteen years to halt fibrosis progression and to dispel pain and fatigue.  Worked quite successfully.  (Now I want to go for broke and see if I can clear the virus altogether,  which TCM will not enable you to do.)  

http://www.hepcchallenge.org offers an excellent informational resource called "Choices."  You might want to check out their section on complementary therapies.   The problem, of course, is that none of these therapies are covered by insurance and are difficult to afford when you're employment challenged.   But in my experience, TCM  works.   So please don't despair -- there are solutions.
9648 tn?1290094807
I agree. TCM (acupuncture) can handle lots of the symptoms. The Chinese would say the needles move your <i>chi</i> (which gets blocked)--but to me it feels like I've been <i>reprogrammed</i>. My acupuncturist can change my sleeping patterns, my digestion, even my attitude, and the treatments definitely improve my brain fogginess. I'm doing the menopause thing and they've helped a LOT with my hot flashes too.
Colloidal silver is quack medicine. Stuff kills some bacteria in a petri-dish and sucks money from people.

Exercise, esp. aerobic exercise, good nutrition, no caffiene, reduced sugar intake, and staying well hydrated is the best non-drug "therapy" around (yes, read article about caffiene and AST levels).

There is little or no supporting evidence for nearly all "alternatives" for treating someone with the HCV or addressing the symptoms of this disease, which makes the "alternatives" really not much of an alternative. There is some evidence for reducing liver inflammation with the Sho-saiko-to herb, for example, so one cannot say that absolutely every supplement, herbal, etc. is ineffectual, but too many "treatments" are just that and some even harmful - it is very, very difficult to know what can be beneficial and what is a rip-off without some way to measure or gauge improvement over time, which is the missing bit that makes many alts. a farce.

Use common sense and understand that using herbals and the such is medicating to address a problem or problems and vigilence is indicated when taking them as with any medicine from any source.

It is a hard place to be in, having this disease and the prevailing treatment no longer an option. Treat yourself well, don't abuse your body and have periodic monitoring of your liver.

God bless! -Michael
Do you do acupuncture during treatment?
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.