Hepatitis C Community

Hearing Loss

anyone ever have hearing loss?  I ended up in the ER this past weekend for 80% hearing loss in right ear, 50% in left.  Had bad migraine and nausea and diarreah.  First Doc said it was shingles and second doc said it was either minears disease or a tumor on the inner ear nerve.  Great docs around here can't decide which one to listen to.

Thanks Slow
Are you on tx for Hep C?
I have sometimes for short periods (up to couple of hours)hearing loss. happens two or three times a week. I belive it is discribed as a possible side effect?

hope it all goes well
I see where Brokeback Mountain won 1st prize at the gay film awards and that the original working title was "hump back mountain". Furthermore there is a sequel coming out this fall whos title will be Pickle Hill. They actually intend to have at least one gay cast member this time. Cowboy up has taken on a whole new meaning. Roll over John Wayne and tell Randolph Scott the news.
Forgot, where is the pride in being a bareback rider now. Not sure what that means. Is 8 seconds really long enough to brake a back. When would it be proper to say "get along little doggie"? When the gate opens whats a "Steer"? I think I comprehend longhorns now. Is wearing your hat while riding considered cool? Spirs wow! If you cut one out of the heard does somebody get stitches? Ridem ridem rawhide. What kind of buckle do they get for being a World Champion bareback rider. I think I know the shape. Fuss at me if you want I have 1st amendment rights too.
How about a vote for the sequel title.
HIGH NOONER
JEREMIAH'S JOHNSON
TRUE, HE GRITS
THE PLEASURE OF THE SIERRA
HOW THE WEST WAS HUNG
THE WILD BRUNCH
HE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON
THE LEGEND OF THE LONG RANGER
DOC'S HOLIDAY WITH BILLY THE KID
VERY RAW HIDE
LONESOME DOUG
THE HOARSE SOLDIERS
DESTRY RIDES AGAIN... AND AGAIN... AND AGAIN
MCCABE AND MR. MILLER
A FISTFUL OF NED
HI THERE, PLAINS DRIFTER!
QUICKLY DOWN UNDER
BAREBACK MOUNTING
BONE-NANZA
DON'T MESS WITH TEX' ASS
HOME ON THE RANGER
LITTLE BATHHOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE
PRANCES WITH WOLVES
Sure shows how everything is getting worse everyday, I can't fathom a gay cowboy?

Dyce
Y'know i haven't seen the movie,but i sure will at some point;but ,i have read the story..It's from a collection by Anne Proux-great stuff-loved the one about old fellar so proud that he owned a red gelding "with the sand to eat a man whole"  (i'm quotin from memory....) proux also wrote novel about stonemasons& deer huntin family in Vermont-Post Cards; dyin fishing village in eastern canada-Shipping News-and now a couple of collections about the west...Damn good writing,for the most part,and well worth the reading! That movie was taken from one story ina collection,a good story by my reckoning,but there's plenty of others to chose from...Think the book is called 'Red Dirt".......check it out-there is more than sex&saddles....and nothing whatsoever to do w/ Roy Rodgered-lol
what was that you where saying about boycows?

congratulations with that result. the other thread was closed. Can you tell me a bit about rebetol. are the sides similar to ribavirin. I have heard it is kinder to blood distruction? I don
Guys, I think John Wayne would have shot them, no debates or discussions.  I used to counsel rodeo camp when I was a teenager, and I have NEVER met a gay cowboy.  Kind of like a gay NASCAR driver.  Just doesn't happen.  

Iceboy, I am sure rebetol is the same as ribavirin, and alot of times the insurance companies encourage folks to take the generic ribavirin instead of rebetol or copegasys.  I have taken the ribavirin, copegasys, and the ribosphere and all were the same in sides, etc.  Ribavirin and ribosphere I paid a generic price on.

Dyce, just keep up with the hgb and get that procrit ready!  At 4 weeks, I just thought I was supposed to feel bad because of the treatment, no idea that the fatigue was anemia.  Do you know when they will intervene?
Oh, won't argue with you at all about it.  John Wayne the cowboy was a character and certainly not a real man, simply an idealized man's man.  The cowboys I knew were when I was a teenager, and they were womanizing southern red necks, and probably a whole different breed unto themselves.  The majority were also good husbands when they did settle down though!
Rebetol is the generic for Ribivirin, thats what it states on my rx.  It is the same to me, only I have the generic and probably cheaper cost. Now, about the bloods; I did have small drops about every 2 weeks, nothing drastic and this last cbc showed them to elevate themselves back up a bit.  Doc seems to think they have probably stabalized now.  The sx seam to be the same.  My worst is the anxiety and we worked on fixing that today with the meds.  You are right, you need not to leave that office without those meds. It will take about 7-10 days to get into the system. Things will start to get better after that; I am hoping I can get Physco Cybil back in her box, before they cart me off in a straight jacket. LOL LOL

Thanks Again,
cajun