Well, after using the Procrit from week 8, when my HGB was at 9.4, until week 12, when I finally had my HGB taken again, my HGB is now at 9.3. That is with 40,000 units Procrit per week.
Mean-while, my 12 week vl is undetectable, and it has been that way, since week 4, although I am on Triple Therapy with Victrelis (Boceprevir) which has a 4 week lead in, so I was undetectable before the Victrelis was added.
Also, at 12 weeks, I developed a mild Riba-Rash on my torso(while in the sun), which I am controlling with Hydroxyzine.
My Doctor has read the new studies, which lots of us on this Forum have also read, which indicate that Riba reduction after 12 weeks und, seems to be safe,(doesn't effect SVR chances) and she has given me the choice to reduce...but I'm finding it a tough decision.
My anemia is preventing me from walking more than a block, but I can still breathe okay, but not great.
I have heard that sometimes the Procrit takes 6 weeks to kick in, so I kind of want to wait another week, and then go get my HGB checked, at 14 weeks. But I also was thinking, maybe I should reduce the Riba by 200 mgs, because I feel like my anemia is feeling worse, not better, than last week.
I would love any input/advise, from those who have been on Triple Tx, and experienced anemia, and used Procrit, and Riba reduction~ I am 13 shots down, and have 15 shots to go, so there is alight at the end of this achey`itchy tunnel, and thank you in advance~