Hepatitis C Community

Hep C Doc moves in NYC hospital

This announcement from Mount Sinai (New York) today:
...the appointment of Ira Jacobson, MD, as the new Chair of the Department of Medicine at Mount Sinai Beth Israel. Dr. Jacobson joins Mount Sinai Beth Israel from Weill Cornell Medical College where he was Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Vincent Astor Distinguished Professor of Medicine, and Medical Director of the Center for the Study of Hepatitis C.

I'm sure many folks here have Dr. Jacobson as their liver doc, and might be interested in this. AFAIK, Dr. Doug Dieterich remains one of the main Hep C docs at the uptown Mount Sinai Medical Center Campus.

Mark
Wishing Dr. J. much luck in his new position. Very short-sighted for Cornell to let him get away.
If that's the same doc who invented DMSO then they have just appointed a saint.
It's not. That was a Dr. Jacob.
Thanks for the info!  I know he didn't accept insurance at Weill Cornell.  I wonder if that will now change that he's at Mt. Sinai.
Good question Pat!  I know that each private doc at Mount Sinai has their own list of insurance that they accept. Some accept certain private insurance, most accept Medicare, few accept Medicaid. The only way to know for sure is to call his office there and inquire.