Hepatitis C Community

Hep C and Kidney Transplant

I have been dianosed with with Hep C (9 years already) and have a kidney transplant for 23 years, they were not able to detect where the virus came from probably during blood transfusion.
There is a way a can be treated for Hep C?
My enzymes are elevated but stable.
Yes, transplant patients can do treatment for hep C.
The most important thing to find out is the health of your liver.
If your liver is healthy, you may want to delay treatment as new better meds are doing very well in clinical trials and should be available within a few years.

Hi.

I would recommend contacting the kidney transplant hospital if you still live nearby. They may have a Liver Clinic or Liver transplant department. They will know all of your history and current status of your kidneys. If would best if you have both departments looking over your treatment.

Also if they have a liver transplant center they are likely to aware of the clinical trials and the latest treatments.

Best of luck!
hector
My kidney is working Ok, and liver function is good, but like to know what kind of treatment can I get.
Doctors said that treatment for HC is very agresive for the transplantated kidney?

Tnx
Rinon
Both clinics are taking care of my health, but did not heard about new treatments that are under investigation?

Tnx
Rinon