Hepatitis C Community

Hep C and other infections from a shared razor

Recently I borrowed a close friend's razor to do some spot trimming of my beard and upper lip. To the best of my knowledge he is a rather clean individual and does not frequently engage in high risk behaviors such as IV drug use and unprotected sex.

When I told him I borrowed his razor he informed me that he used the razor exclusively for shaving his genital area. I'm furious and slightly scared. What are the chances that if he had say hep C or herpes that I could have contracted either from this brief encounter?
What does this dude's face look like, Saskatchewan? Also, how far back does he shave? Did he hit the chocolate starfish do you reckon?
If your asking if he looks like he cuts himself frequently when he shaves, then no. The razor for all practical purposes had nothing on it that looked alarming. That's why I used it. As for how much landscaping he does I really don't want to ask him that kind of question.
"When I told him I borrowed his razor he informed me that he used the razor exclusively for shaving his genital area"

"If your asking if he looks like he cuts himself frequently when he shaves, then no"

Yes, I would say he is a close friend.
Regardless, you can’t take his word for it. We need more information before we can answer your question. You are going to have to dive down there and check it out for yourself. Don’t forget Ole Brown Eye.

When I told him I borrowed his razor he informed me that he used the razor exclusively for shaving his genital area. I'm  furiuos "

At who??

I don"t know about herpes but if he had HCV the chances are at least possible of you contracting the disease as shared razors are a documented means of transmission.
There would have to be blood to blood contact for HCV, as far as STDs I'm not certain. Do you know if he cut himself with the razor, and did you did you cut yourself with the same razor? If not, you should be fine, although getting tested for everything might not be a bad thing to do. Razors, toothbrushes, nailclippers are all inexpensive items, buy your own and use your own only in the future! Check other sections of this website and you will find more information, Best of luck, Mike
"When I told him I borrowed his razor he informed me that he used the razor exclusively for shaving his genital area. I'm furious and slightly scared. What are the chances that if he had say hep C or herpes that I could have contracted either from this brief encounter?"

Why would you be furious?  You didn't ask him FIRST.  If you did, he would have told you and you wouldn't have used it.  Anyway....he probably just said that to teach you a lesson about using his personal care items without permission and he probably doesn't use it on his genitals at all.