Hepatitis C Community

Hep c chronic diahrrea

Hello all, merry christmas i guess. I say i guess as its been a pretty unpleasant onr for me this year.
I have had Hep c untreated for about 12 years. Yes i know i shouldve had it treated by now, but ive always been working, never made enough to afford insurance, always made too much for welfare insurance.
Anyways i have had diahrrea for about 2 months straight. Constant trips to the BR about every 15-20 minutes. Always completely liquid. Im writing this right now at 6:19am local time, having been woken by my diarrhea, after sleeping maybe 2 hours, probably less. It is accompanied by abdominal pain. My appetite has degraded significantly dpr a couple years but lately has been nearly nonexistent. Not to say im not hungry, i am starving most of the time and feeling malnourished, but anything i try to eat looks and tastes unappetizing, and i can never eat a significant amount of anything. Im losing weight, which i had none extra to lose to begin with. I am 5'9 and am about 120 lbs right now. I feel just terrible all around, and have for a few years, but this endless diarrhea is a new development. That being said, ive always been on the diarrhea side of the diarrhea-constipation spectrum.
I guess my question is, is this all due to my liver deteriorating? Or should i be looking for another cause? Ps, no change in diet or anything like that to explain it. Yes, alot of stress. I feel completely alone and scared and idk what to do. Im sorry in advance if this isnt worded well or coming accross overly emotional, as stated my nights have been rough lately, as have my days.
Had the same issue turned out to be my gallbladder, not saying that is what it is but it could be something you might want to look at
Hi found this info chronic diarrhea is not associated with hep c or liver disease

“CHRONIC DIARRHEA CAUSES.

A wide range of problems can cause chronic diarrhea; some of the most common causes include irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis), malabsorption syndromes in which food cannot be digested and absorbed, and chronic infections.”

You should see your doctor if sounds like it could be IBS.

Also constant stress can cause digestive symptoms.

You may want to look up your symptoms on WebMd.

Sorry to hear you are having these problems I hope you are able to find help soon.

I also hope you can find a way to get your hep c treated I was infected for about 37 years. I was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis after 30 years of infection. I am now cured of hep c for 2 years 7 months. I was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis in Jan 2008 so 10 years ago.

Good luck