Hep c exposure?

I was getting a skirt altered, and I got scratched by one of the sewing pins that the seamstress used to put in my skirt to mark where she was going to sew. The scratch did not actively bleed, it did break the skin though and was red, and scabbed over within a couple minutes. My question is , if the seamstress had jabbed herself with the same pin at some point before I scratched myself with it, would that be an exposure. She stuck the pin through my skirt which was really thick material, I know that wouldnt kill a virus, but just seems like it would be a really low chance. I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder so sometimes I have difficulty separating serious and non-serious issues.
This is a non serious issue.
I hope you can get help for your anxiety and panic.
Have you tried meditation ? It can help teach you mindfulness and  ways to calm yourself.
The risk would be so low I would not even think about Hep-c, if your worried just get tested....... Good luck
Sorry about your disorder.

This definitely is a non serious issue.

I hate being bipolar..it's awsome.
yes it is horrible dealing with it, its like you know you are being irrational but yet your mind keeps going over and over. Thanks for the answers!
  It is interesting, because tons of people have an irrational fear of catching Hep . It would be so much easier, statistically, to get hit by a car.For some reason, ever since I got Treated, I also have the problem, also:  I keep buying everybody in my family their own personal tooth-pastes, and new tooth-brushes, and bleaching the tub alot, etc

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community