Hepatitis C Community

Hepatitis C through Sexual intercourse?

Hi Doctors and friends, I am 24 yrs male who had sex intercourse with a escort girl 26 days ago. We had no-condom oral sex and protected vaginal sex. TBH the process didn't last very long because I was tired. I think maybe just 3-5 minutes.

I had HCV test at 14 days since the sexual intercourse happened, the result was negative. But recently, I've been losing sleep and feel tired because of the bad sleep.
1. Could I possibly get HCV from the sexual intercourse?
2. Was my test conclusive enough? If not, when should I get tested again?
3. What are some common symptoms of HCV? Is there a window period?

While hep c is not specifically considered to be an STD and there are many long term monogamous partners where one has hep c and the other does not, for those who have multiple partners, engage in rough sexual practices, or in the presence of HIV  there is an increased risk of sexual transmission. Oral sex is not generally considered as a risk for transmission as hepatitis c is a blood borne virus meaning hep c infected blood must to enter the blood stream of an uninfected person. Unprotected sexual intercourse intercourse can be a risk for those who have multiple sex partners. So overall from what you described your risk should be relatively low.

Antibody testing should be done no sooner than 12 weeks after a concerning incident. So no your test would not be conclusive.

The majority of people have no symptoms of hep c which is why it is called a silent illness. Not sure what you mean by a window period beyond waiting a minimum of  12 weeks to have antibody testing done
Got it! I don't have multiple sex partners and the sex I had with the escort was really gentle. I don't think there will be blood in any way.

So HCV only transmitted through blood right? If there's no blood during the vaginal sex and I used a condom, does that mean I can rest assured about the HCV?
Well remember your partner had had multiple partners.

In order for transmission hepatitis c infected blood must enter the blood stream of an uninfected person. The most common method of transmission is sharing IV drug needles or having a blood transfusion prior to 1990 when antibody testing was first becoming available. While sexual transmission is not impossible it is not a primary method of transmission

https://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hcv/cfaq.htm
If there's no blood, I won't be getting it right? Even if the escort has it but there's no blood. The condom was not broken.
As I said previously your risk is low. If you believe it was unlikely that hep c infected blood entered your blood stream then yes your risk is approaching zero.