Hepatitis C Community

How to disinfect the knife?

I have a kitchen knife, exposed to blood (infected with Hep C). Firstly I bought an expensive antiseptic, but apparently its not effective (the manufacturer didn't recommend it).

Now, what is the cheapest way to disinfect it safely? Can I boil it? If so, how long is enough.

P.S: I´m in Finland, so I cant find EPA´s certified antiseptics here.
According to the CDC:

How should blood spills be cleaned from surfaces to make sure that Hepatitis C virus is gone?
Any blood spills — including dried blood, which can still be infectious — should be cleaned using a dilution of one part household bleach to 10 parts water. Gloves should be worn when cleaning up blood spills.
I would do as virt111 has suggested. If you still have any worries then after words I would place the knife in and open but safe place for a few days as  studies as shown that hepatitis C virus can survive outside the body and still transmit infection for 16 hours, but not longer than four days.

Best to you. Just remember Hep C is not easy to get this way.