Hepatitis C Community

I had Fibroscan this morning my results were 8.3 I don’t understand what that means

I had Fibroscan this morning in and out I was my results were 8.3 is it a good sign or bad sign
Your doctor gave you a score and did not discuss the interpretation of your results?

This really should come from your doctor.

If you search the term Fibroscan score card and look for images you will see a multi colored chart that shows the fibrosis score associated with different numerical values.

Your fibrosis score depends on the cause of your liver damage.

If the cause of fibrosis is Hepatitis C a score of 8.3 would be a fibrosis score of about F1 to F2 but if the cause is NAFLD the same number of 8.3 would be a fibrosis score of F2.

A “good” fibrosis score would be F0 no liver damage. A “good” Fibroscan  number is 0 to 7

A fibrosis score of F1 to F2 indicates some amount of liver scarring. F3 is near cirrhosis while a Fibroscan score like mine of 27 which means F4 indicates liver cirrhosis.

You need to discuss the interpretation of your results with your doctor who ordered the test.