Hepatitis C Community

I need your help

Ok,I am a lifetime non responder who finally cleared with sovaldi & Olysio only to relapse immediately.I am stage 4 geno 1a and side effects are worsening which tells me time is a factor.I go back to my doctor this Friday.I don't know what to ask for and I don't know what he is going to suggest.Does anybody know what is producing the best results for someone like myself who is stage 4 geno 1a with cirrhosis for a very long time.I am so sick of this disease and I want to give myself the best chance this time of getting rid of it forever.Is there anyone in my condition who has taken a treatment and got undetected and STAYED undetective?
                                       Thanks and looking forward to your response    Glen
Hi Glen

So sorry to hear about your results.
My situation is very similar to yours. Also null responder, one monotherapy 3 shots a week of interferon in maybe 91 or 92 something like, that then 2 with interferon and riba (one was a trial with another med). Never did Telaprevir doctor said no as I already had cirrhosis by then. Also GT 1a also cirrhosis DX in Jan 2008. I am MELD 7 child A. My doctor is just going to do the 12 week post test so I still have a month to wait for that.

Have you heard about Sovaldi Ledipasvir single pill combo hopefully available some time after October?

from this link http://www.hepmag.com/articles/ELECTRON2_SOF_2501_25458.shtml

Finally, those with genotype 1 who had failed a previous attempt at therapy with Sovaldi and ribavirin were all cured (19/19) with triple therapy.

“These results also suggest that LDV/SOF may be an effective treatment regimen for HCV genotype 1-infected patients who have failed a previous sofosbuvir-based regimen and those with advanced liver disease, including decompensated cirrhosis.”

Good luck and best wishes hang in there a cure is coming soon

Lynn
Lynn
You said those who failed s & v wth ribo were all cured with triple therapy.What is the triple therapy you are referring to?
                                          Glen
Please let me know before Friday,I would like to present this to my doctor
That was a quote from the link I believe they were referring to Sovaldi ledipasvir and Ribavirin. I am sure you probably would have seen here Sovaldi ledipasvir is not yet approved hopefully it will be available in November so still a ways out yet
Good luck
Lynn
You posted your side effects are worsening. What are they?  
Hi Glen.    This has been an ongoing question on this forum for the past month or two.   Know Hector has commented with a good plan for others in your predicament.
Not computer savvy, or would give you some links.  Perhaps he will see this and respond.  
So sorry that things seem to be getting worse.  Can understand your concern having the virus still.  From my understanding geno 1s, will have several good options.
Take care
...Kim
Thanks Lynn,got it written down and I will ask Dr Santoro about them tomorrow.
                            Glen