I'd really like to talk to . . .

I'd like to talk with other people who are at the stage of ascites from Hep C.  I've been reading a lot, but I need some personal experiences.

Thanks - Sonni
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I don't have ascites now but I did before my transplant. Maybe I can help you. Ask me something specific and you can send me a private message if you prefer.
OH
Thanks for answering.  Cirrhosis is a new thing for me.  I got really sick - fast.  Didn't work for a month getting the fluid down.  Even now I only work about 20 hrs because I get tired and if I push myself I pay later.  I have 2 drs and I think that one of them was lying to me - softpedeling the issue - saying things like " Way down the road from years, years from now you might want to look into a transplant."  But you don't need that now.  But I have done a lot of research and stage 4 and ascites with cirrhosis seems pretty serious to me.  Nowhere have I read anything remotely close to that.  Take your time, you have lots of time before it's serious.  I don't think I'll be seeing her anymore.

How hard and how long did it take for you to get a transplant?  Is it even possible with no insurance because I sure couldn't pay for it.  Do you think I should get on a transplant list because it could take a long time?

How long has it been since your transplant?  How do you feel now?  I know that in all likelihood the new liver gets infected, too.  Has that happened to you yet?

How long did you have Hep C before it became cirrshosis and then how long to ascities. I've it 35 years.  I've read it takes normally about 10 years for cirrhosis and 10 to ascites but I know everyone is different.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Sonni