Hepatitis C Community

Incivek triple therapy

Has anyone completed incivek  triple therapy and had a healthy baby afterwards? It's been over 1 yr since I completed triple therapy and we would love to have another child. Thanks!
         are you svr?  
Yeh..was already after the 1st month of treatment. Tested 1 yr post treatment neg too..just afraid those drugs did some kind of damage.
I can understand your fear but I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Incivek was used in trials for several years before it came to  market...One would have to think that is something they would watch closely for, and I have never heard any problems from it....... So go ahead, have your family and enjoy......... Congrats on all.
       congrats on your svr and now you cant pass it on to newborn.  check with dr about wash out of ribaviran. rib can cause problems.  good luck with your disease free life and family         barry
Ribavirin has a multiple dose half-life of 12 days, and it may persist in non-plasma compartments for as long as 6 months. Therefore, Ribavirin, including Ribavirin tablets, is contraindicated in women who are pregnant and in the male partners of women who are pregnant. Extreme care must be taken to avoid pregnancy during therapy and for 6 months after completion of therapy in both female patients and in female partners of male patients who are taking Ribavirin therapy. At least two reliable forms of effective contraception must be utilized during treatment and during the 6 month post treatment follow-up period

http://www.drugs.com/pro/ribavirin.html