Hepatitis C Community

Inconclusive Hep C result - Antibody

I recently (tuesday) got my anitbody result back, which was inconclusive. My liver enzymes slightly elevated (47) but that is due to medication I am currently on, so we knew about that.

I have now had the PCR done (yesterday) but I wanted to know what causes inconclusive other than HepC hasn't shown up fully. I have had un safe sex 3 times this year with people whom I believe are neg to HepC was discussed in detail as we all are Hiv+.

I did have the flu the week prior to the test, and also I am on steroids (injections in agreement with dr) which I had injected the day of the test. Would these be factors?

I am usually good at waiting for results, used to it now... But this is bad timing with xmas, and will probably be not until the new year when I get the results.

So what other things can cause inconclusive, I know its 50/50 and wont know fully but ideas/support most appreciated.

G