Hepatitis C Community

Interferon, Infergen have had these, anything new out there

I figure you never know till you ask I always say...

Went throught Interferon  That did not work

Was 7 weeks into infergen and had gale bladder attack.

But was getting ready to stop it anyways because just could not take the being tired all the time. had to nap 2-3 times a day, but was trying to work at the same time.

I have my own business so have to be able to work and take treatments at the sametime. My boss is a mean old cuss (Me) and the people I own payments too that is lol,

Have a call in to DR to see what my next step is.

Is anyone out there on anything new that I should know about??

Gary
Lebanon, Ohio
Sorry it didn't work for you, I also relapsed.  The new drug VX 950 and tribavirin is what I'm waiting for.  For me more so the tribavirin as it's for anti-anemic riba replacement, as I have a low HGB to deal with.

Beagle
I'm sorry but to fight the dragon is a job, and I did work as a paramedic for 48wks on meds, but if you decide on tx expect the fatique, in fact expect it later if you don't.
Oh I know there will be fatigue but on the infergen it was just so hard to cope with. If
thats what I have to do thats what I will do.

Have Hep C class 1, So thats why its so hard to defeat I guess from what I understand.

So was just wondering So tell me more about VX 950...

Is there a web page or other info??

even the vx is used with peg/riba I sure would like to know what the beagle was talking about with tribavirin, everything on the web refers you back to ribavirin, even looked under clinical trials, cause anything that helps keep the counts up will keep your energy level up.
Yes, there is a web site but I can't find it among all my papers.  LOL  How ever someone will come on and post it soon.  There is also someone here on the forum in the trial (study) for VX 950 but again I can't remember who but they posted a day or so ago.

Beagle
just look under vertex pharm. or go to HCV Advocate