Hepatitis C Community

Interferon-Ribavirin support groups

I am a single parent of a beautiful talented daughter, and I was recently diagnosed with HCV positive(chronic). I have the kind of HCV positive(chronic) that does not respond so wellto interferon treatments.

I have choosen to try this Interferon-Ribavirin therapy regardless with hopes of getting better. I start this therapy soon after the new year.I live in Bend,Oregon and feel I need to attend a support group either for Interferon-Ribavirin therapy users or HCV positive(chronic) patients.
Do you  know if there are support groups in my area???? I have very limited resources and no PC of my own, I am using a friends today to contact you. Any advice of help you could offer would be sincerely appreciated!!!

Thank you for your time and consideration,
T./cleanliver
I'll get on it and see what I can find...I'm sure others will to, the best of luck to you...
Here are a few websites with some places in Oregon that have support groups (though they probably overlap somewhat):

<a href="http://hepatitis-central.com/hcv/support/or/toc.html">First site</a>

<a href="http://herpes-coldsores.com/std/hepatitis_support_groups.htm">Second site</a>

<a href="http://www.scn.org/health/hepatitis/supportg.htm">Third site</a>

One of your best bets might be to call around to any gastroenterologist or hepatologist doctor's offices in the Bend area and ask them where the local Hep C support group is. Other places to try calling are the local hosptials in your area (especially if there is a teaching hospital nearby). Quite often the support groups meet in a hospital setting.

May God's blessings and mercy be upon you.

TnHepGuy

Good luck with your treatment.  I'm a 1a - my count was 34 million when I began treatment back on 9/1/05 & I'm VERY happy to report that I was undectable @ my 12 week test (yahoo!!)  I will remain on treatment till the bitter end (48 weeks - treatment is a daily shot of infergen & rib 4x per day)  I find this site to be extremely informative - see what you can do about getting a computer as there are some great sites out there that can help.
allright!!! congratulations on undetectible status...big drop!-wish you all the best,Good Luck
Great news!!! Happy New Year!!!
AWSEOOOOME!!! That is great news for you, thanks for sharing it with us. Gives me hope.
Don