Hepatitis C Community

Interferon

Are there any natural treatments? I have Hep C. My liver is good, but my load count is 8 million. Anything I can do?

Natural TX may help feel better but it will not kill the virus....this monster progresses ,it may be slow of it may be fast....big pharma drugs are the only cure.
that pretty much sums it up
I have no effects yet except a high load count. Did two liver biopsy and the liver is healthy so far as we speak. As you might know my doctor whats me to start treatment ASAP and I am not in favor of the idea yet. Looking for a better solution. I know the Mayo Clinic was testing a treatment you would once a month instead of weekly.
Depending of your genotype, I would treat or wait. Treat when you have 2 or 3, wait two years until new meds hit the market when you have 1 or 4. The latter have a low rate of success, so it's worthwhile to wait for better drugs. On the other hand, the sooner you treat, the higher chance of success.

Thanks for your input. I am a genotype 1. I do not have any effects of a bad liver. Next test is this Wednesday. Doing another scan.
Have you had a biopsy to confirm the condition of your liver?