Hepatitis C Community

Is anyone taking Vosevi for their Hep C? New drug FDA approved July '17

I started Vosevi yesterday.  Today is my 2nd dose.  I've done a huge amount of treatments in the past and have been unable to SVR.  I asked about Harvoni, but my doctors did not recommend that one for me.  They recommended Vosevi instead. It has 3 drugs in one pill, once a day for 12 weeks..no interferon, no Riba.
I just want to wish you the very best of luck Susan. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Michael
Thank you, Michael
Good luck Susan!

If I was cured with Harvoni as a 3 time interferon null responder with cirrhosis I am sure you can be too with an ever better med.
I am a lifetime non responder.twice I cleared only to relapse immediately.I am finishing up 3 months of vosevi and have cleared.I am wondering if any non responders who have cleared on vosevi stayed clear.I have 5 more pills and I am starting to get nervous about ending them.
I just finished my Vosevi treatment one week ago today.  So, we are in the same place.  I won't know for sure until 3 mon.  I cleared on week 4, week 8, but I'm still waiting for my viral load from last week.., week 12.  Then, the big wait comes, 12 week post treatment.  This is like my 13 treatment I just did.  I relapsed on my last treatment with Sovaldi+SOC.  These past two treatments mentioned above, wacked out my thyroid both times.  It had never been a problem until I had Sovaldi added into my regimen.  Don't get me wrong, Sovaldi is a miracle drug and it being added was the only thing that had ever made me hear the words, 'undetected'.  But, I endured 11 other treatments using interferon and 10 using interferon+Riba and sometimes other meds before Sovaldi and never had any thyroid issues.  I decided though after my last treatment that I was going to just let things settle down on their own, as far as the thyroid goes.  It took about 6-8 mon for my thyroid to get back to normal range w/o any meds involved.  It was fine for like 2+ years until I started the Vosevi.  Then, it went totally hyperthyroid again.  (Otherwise known as Grave's).  Now that I'm off the Vosevi, I told my G.I., no, don't send me to the endocrinologist yet.  Just wait.  It will eventually settle back down on it's own.  It did that the last time.  I really don't have any symptoms at all from the thyroid being hyper.  The Vosevi treatment was such a piece of cake as far as treatments go.  I really had no huge side effects at all. Just the thyroid thing.