Hepatitis C Community

Is hcv reduce blood and platless or not ?

Is hcv recduce blood and platless?
My wife is ill and she is transfusion depends because her bblood reduce till 4 and platless reduce till 2000.we give her treatment in Pakistan.her bone marrow biopsy done 3 times but one diagnosed lukimia,second decleared MDS/MLD.and 3rd Bone Bisophy decleared A plastic animia bit thay are all confused.her hcv is also positive.what we can do.is hcv reduce blood count and platless ?.
Please suggest me a better way.
There are new medicines that can cure hepatitis C. Ask your doctor for one of these new treatments.

Hepatitis C does not cause low platelets. After many years of infection with Hepatitis C some people will have serious liver damage and liver cirrhosis. If the person has liver cirrhosis this can cause low platelets.

Here are some causes of low platelets:
aplastic anemia.
a vitamin B-12 deficiency.
a folate deficiency.
an iron deficiency.
viral infections, including HIV, Epstein-Barr virus, and chickenpox.
exposure to chemotherapy, radiation, or toxic chemicals.
consuming too much alcohol.
cirrhosis.

Not everyone with Hepatitis c will have liver damage. Only about 20% of people with hepatitis C for 20 years will develop liver cirrhosis.

Keep working with her doctors to find the cause of her low platelets.

I am not a medical person I am just a patient who had hepatitis c but am now cured. I also have liver cirrhosis and a low platelet count. There are no medical experts here only patients.
Hello, platelets decrease with severe liver damage as a result of the reduced amount of thrombopoietin, so the reason may be this. You need to determine the degree of fibrosis and hepatitis activity, then you can find out exactly the cause of the cell decline.