It was not this time ... yet ... PSI -7977

Hi, there. Today I went to have a first dose of double INTERF / riba but the  doctors convinced me to compete for a place in study group with PSI-7977. Well .. they advised me it would be better option than starting tx now because I have a chance to succeed. Result: the beginning of the tx was in the middle of the year. Does this attitude was good? I can still change my mind and opt for the conventional tx now ...

Lia
Sounds like good advice from your doctors. Go for it! I definitely would. People have behailersing very promising results with PSI 7977. In fact I would fly to the other side of the world to do such a trial if I could.

Obviously as others have said, check the trial details. In particular, what is the protocol if you get the placebo.
FYI, I believe Lia is Geno-3.
Hi nygirl7, I don't think Lia meant that she was going to be taking a double dose of Interferon.  I think she meant she was doing SOC ("double drug treatment") of Interferon and Ribavirin.  Maybe Incivek and Victrelis aren't available in Brazil?
Advocate1955
There is some information of excellent results with PSI 7977 that might be helpful to know about for Genotype 2 and 3.

http://www.hepmag.com/articles/psi7977_svr_hcv_2501_21405.shtml

Gen 03...Incivek/Victrelis aren't available in Brazil... Hi, curiouslady. Tried to join the clinical trial? why it did not work? I will have little chance to participate ... not want to get in the placebo group!  still do not know the protocol, all I know at the end of January

hugs
Ah.  I see you found the page.  The trial must be available in your country to participate.  Not all trials have placebos.  Even the ones who have placebos with Hepatitis C, they are given a chance to have treatment after a period of time.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community