Hepatitis C Community

Kidney lesions...

Just got a call saying that my ultrasound is showing a lesion on one of my kidneys.  Next up - cat scan.  Having done a search here and on google would suggest that kidney problems are/can be a part of having the virus or can be a result of various meds including ifn.

I am just trying to find out if anyone else has gotten a kidney lesion and how that played out for them.

Thanks.
I am no Urologist, but I think you are "jumping the gun" to associate hepatitis C or interferon with the finding of a lesion in your kidney. Let the doctors see the lesions more clearly and then they can figure out what the lesion is and take it from there.

You don't mention any urinary issues or symptoms? Have you had urinary infections or kidney stones in the past?

When in doubt, always get a second opinion from a Urologist.

Good luck to you.
Hector
Thanks for the response Hector, it's always nice to hear from you.  

Sure, I want answers quickly and after doing a bit of online research the only factors that I have for a lesion are the hep C (no hx of UTI's or stones or trauma), and recent trial meds and so, following Achems razor I am deducing the probable cause.  My cat scan is tomorrow and should have results Tues.  I do realize it may be nothing at all or it may spur me to treat my hep now...  
They found a lesion in me which they originally characterized as an adrenal mass. After more imaging they called it an adrenal incidentaloma and benign, and fairly common.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidentaloma

Domusic