A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
149918 tn?1208132344

LIVER PAIN

I hope this is not a dumb question but I would like some feed back, I have been feeling ( know it is there ) my live more on tx It hurts sometimes. Is that normal? I find ouy my blood work today since the DR cut my riba hope my hbg has gone back up so we can up the riba again, I will post my findings later, Thank-you.PLN
50 Responses
131817 tn?1209532911
There are no dumb questions! Liver pain has been a problem for some here. I am sure others will pipe in.

The liver doesn't actually feel pain, it is the surrounding organs and tissue that feel the pain when the liver is swollen. I have RQP, right quadrant pain, sometimes. Mostly before tx, when I had a bile duct obstruction. It went away when I had a stent put in. Lately I have been feeling it again. It isn't bad, just annoying.

Have you talked to your dr? Mine said to let him know if I was feeling that pain again.

Maybe your liver is revolting from trying to get rid of the virus.  Also have you had any stomach problems? sometimes I get pain from reflux and it feels like pain in my liver.
Actually you know, our livers really don't have any nerves inside to FEEL any pain.

The lining on the outside does and sometimes as it shrinks (from the inflammation getting BETTER) it causes pain.  Like a contraction sort of.

So generally when my "liver" used to hurt - I took it as a GREAT THING!  Anytime you can turn something like this into the positive and realize that treatment is WORKING...it makes the pain actually so so good :)

149918 tn?1208132344
LOL,,Thank you both, That is how I am going to be looking at it now treatment is working! I hope to feel this pain all day now!lol
96938 tn?1189803458
I saw the question, but not the answer. How's that injured digit of yours?  People still a little freaked out at the job?
lol isn't it funny how when you look at it that way it changes it all?

the URQ (upper right quadrant) pain is pretty common...but when it happens to me and I think of those creepy little viruses DYING (sort of like packmen being eaten up) and think of the inflammation going DOWN...it makes me feel so cool - like Xena the warrior princess ;)

So next time...picture it all in some bizarre way like that and it will help you smile - and that is the ticket!

Treatment DOES work and we CAN be cured - we have to remember whatever aggrevation it takes and whatever pain...just to be able to POST in here I AM ONE YEAR SVR...that is worth EVERYTHING!

:)
149918 tn?1208132344
Thanks again NY, I am always happy when you answer my post, You are a very strong woman and I really admire your strength. What are you talking about being able to post here one year with svr, If all the new people all luckly you will still  be helping us 5 years down the road with your svr. Thanks again.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.