A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
7510956 tn?1411671417

LOTS OF ENERGY ON HARVONI

I started taking Harvoni at night since I was corcerned with fatigue, now I have all this energy and cant sleep.Like to know if anyone here has same problem and they changed it to the morning. Does this energy go away after several days  or does it really last.  
8 Responses
Hi Fred, I started Harvoni 11 days ago, and have been taking it in the morning.  I have been bedridden with massive farigue for the last two years due to cryoglobulinemia and I guess hep c symptoms.  Surprisingly despite taking ribavirin as well, my energy continues to increase.  I did not expect to be feeling better and be up and about - quite the opposite.  I Believe it's a combination of genuine improved wellbeing, as well as perhaps as you say the effects of the meds, although it just feels like regular energy to me rather than any 'wired' type feeling.  I am sleeping very well.  Hope this helps.
7510956 tn?1411671417
Hello trigger, I am glad you are also doing better on Harvoni. I too did not think I  was going to feel this way and I am hoping it does not change. Hope we both reach SVR on this one. Good day!
4896357 tn?1360670904
My gp gives me valium. I would rarely get a good night's sleep without it. It is fine to take it with Harvoni and my gastro OK'd it. I'm feeling good on Harvoni but this brutal cold weather in Michigan sure makes me feel lazy.
Lol Carl, and I though Valium was for the opposite of lazy.  Just kidding, I'm know you meant you are taking it for sleep.  Good to hear you are doing well too, yes, freezing in NY also!

Great to hear Fred!  Yes, it is unexpected!  Let's just take it as a good sign on our journey to wellness.  I am particularly happy about it, as I had planned for the worst, and had the exact opposite so far.  I am on ribavirin though, so anemia may be lurking at some point.  Hope not because this is great.
7510956 tn?1411671417
Carl, my doc wants me try to sleep without any help since I always sleep well. I am going to change the meds to lunch time to see what happens.

Trigger, I cant do Riva so for me its Harvoni and hoping for the best.
I had a liver transplant in August. Today is day 3 of Harvoni. I feel like I can run down the street. I sleep deep for 6 or 7 hours. You MUST get up and walk.  No exercise = misery. Let you body tell the meds what to do, not the other way around. Hep C 10,000.000.

I feel great!
Hey guys, before changing the time you take your meds, please check with your doctors. The trial  I was in insisted on taking it within one hour of my regular time and told us it may not work if you weren't careful with timing. I know that was true in the early days of HIV meds but am not positive about Harvoni and Viekira Pak. Please check.
First, congrats on taking Harvoni. I just received news that after taking it alone for 12 weeks in 2015, I am undetected and have reached SVR24. This after 3 failures and 1 relapse over a period of close to 30 years. Second, it was my experience that it didn't matter when I took the Harvoni, my sleep patterns were anything but consistent. I was lucky because at lunch  time I could just close my office door and take 20 minutes or so, I know most people can't do that. My advice is to just build in time in your day to take naps, this med is absolutely worth it, best of luck to everyone for SVR!!
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.