Hepatitis C Community

Lexapro

I asked my Dr. for something to calm my nerves down, he prescribed lexapro I'm kind of leery of taking it. Has anyone had any bad sx from taking this? I'm only on wk 8/48.
Lexpro helped me considerably without it I would have not have made it. I had a lot of personal stuff I was going thru. I fought taking all the extra drugs but I was driving my wife nuts so I said ok. No sx for me it all just helped me get thru life and tx

GOD BLESS

Bob L

My doc put me on lexapro a couple of months before tx for anxiety. I'm in week 44, still take it and it has made a tremendous difference. I remember that the first couple of weeks I had headaches and I was tired. After that, it was fine and definitely helped me a lot. I don't know if Lexapro is necessarily right for you (if not, some other AD might work--everyone's different), but it's been a lifesaver for me.
Good luck! Judi
Sorry to cut in here, but there weren't anymore open threads!

I had a horrible night last night.  Just looking for some sympathy I guess.  I was up for most of the night with fever, chills, muscle aches, etc., etc.  On the 2 small occasions I did dose off it wasn't most than a 1/2 hr.

It's weird how this treatment can go along and you feel okay and powie, it throws you for a loop!

Well, thanks for letting me cut in and unload.

Susan
Good Morning Susan,
Sorry you're not feeling well.  I'm glad you popped in, I know how you feel.  I had one bad time like that so far and I don't know where it came from.  Now I would probably think it was a flu bug should it happen now, but I thought I would have to have a girl friend drive 45 minutes just to drive me home.  It was just out of the blue and it hasn't happened since.  Although treatment started out pretty mild, the sides get worse as I go.  Sometimes I have to come here just to be with others going through it and to be encouraged to tredge on.  Pray it's a one time deal and you're feeling well soon.

God Bless  Robin
First, I want to say hello to you Susan400.  I'm sorry that you're having a rough time.  I'm sure that others who are knowledgeable about treatment (unlike me) will be around soon to offer you some encouragement and advice.  In the meantime, hang in there!

Now, regarding Lexapro....I have a question.  Does it cause weight gain?  I've heard that it does and I've been wondering about that.  What side effects, in general, have some of you who are taking it experienced?

Susan
Robin, thanks.    I realized after I posted this morning and walked in the kitchen, that I had forgotten to take my pre-dose Tylenol last night because it was still sitting out.  Since I have 2 shots of Interferon on Sun.-Tues., and Thurs. nights, I guess I really, really need that pre-dosing.  I'm on Infergen, Actimmune and Riba.  So, I don't think it's the flu.  Just dragging my fanny together, it's going to be a couch day!
Susan
Yep.  Happened to me the same way the one time I forgot the tylenol before going to bed.  Never, ever forgot it again on shot night after that and never had that rough a night again either.  Coincidence or reality?

Good luck with continued tx.
Don't have much to add except try to remember the Tylenol and I hope you feel better fast.
I hope the tylenol now resolves this for you. I'm sorry your feeling bad. You surely have been through the ringer with tx. LL
My husband is on lexapro, thankfully!! This daily infergen stuff seems to be a whooper and the lexapro helps a lot. He takes an additional med occasionally for anxiety. I would love to hear from some other daily infergen/riba people..he is half way through his 8th week and we were wondering about all of the symptoms he is experiencing, and if they will let up or change, they seem to be pretty consistent and daily, not like the pegysus/riba where everyday was new and different. Hope you are all hanging in there!! thanks

Hey Chev, Que Pasa?

Maybe I missed your posting but did you ever get your PCR results & if so what was the verdict?....2 B or not 2 B....is the question?

PLUTO KID
Hello stc,

Lexapro has relieved a lot of mental stress for me while being on Tx & I highly recommend it. I'm still on it...6 mths post-Tx.
No significant Sx from Lexapro since the daily dosage is 15mg....& it's the most Serotonin Selective SSRI.

Good luck,
Ben
I started on Lexapro (10) a month before tx, and continued until about 2 months post tx; I then weaned off it, easily, in about 4 weeks.  Galen had taken Lexapro and stopped immediately after tx ended; she wished she hadn't dropped it so fast, recommended  staying on it a little longer.  No problems or sides with any of it, including quitting.  I don't know how I would have done tx without it; it really helped me "go with the flow".  Very, very little riba rage happened here, although I sitll had a whole lot of brain fog...  
Maj Neni