Hepatitis C Community

Looking for treatment help

I need help with medical treatment for hep C .I am in stage 2-3 and have no medical insurance since I was recently laid off my job and lost my coverage.Now I am living on unemployment.I was told by a friend that she herd that there is Grant money possable for medical treatment?I can not find this.Maybe some one can help me out there I pray.Thank you jayvan
Find out if any studies are being conducted in your area.  I did, and have learned that I'm disease-free after 6 months of ending treatment.  I didn't have to pay a dime, but the drugs caused my thyroid to stop functioning.  This means that I'll have to take a small pill every morning for the rest of my life, but it was a small price to pay I guess.
the RX companies offer assistance with their drugs for free but you still need to pay for the doctors. what about state assistance? also call your local congressman or senator's office and ask them what you can do. Best of luck
Your friend might be talking about government help with paying Cobras. I don't have the details but I have heard that for people who lost their jobs during a certain period, the government will help pick up some of the cost of paying for their health insurance.
Here's a link:

http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/cobra.html
the RX companies offer assistance with their drugs for free but you still need to pay for the doctors.

You will need to submit a copy of the letter stating that your insurance was cancelled when you lost the job.  The drug companies are very good but will not pay for the doctor visits and tests (of which there are many).

Finding a clinic or a trial in your area that pays all of the costs (and sometimes even a stipend to you!) sounds like the way to go.
Here are the phone numbers for free or low cost medications for hep C:

Rebetol 1-800-521-7157

Copegus 1-800-387-1258

Here is the UARL for low cost and free clinics: http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/