Lump in neck 4 months post HCV tx

Hello, I discovered a lump in my neck above the thyroid about 5 weeks ago.  Thinking it would go away I waited til two weeks ago to tell my doctor about it.  She ordered a CT Scan with contrast.  I was hesitant to put any more chemicals in my body so did not want to get the contrast.  As  always, Hector was very helpful; he assured me it would be ok.  I had the scan done yesterday and should be getting results this week.  I am very afraid that I now have something else related to either the HCV or tx.  I had hoped that it was something related to my thyroid however my doctor does not think it is.  I am trying not to freak out though it is difficult.  An acquaintance of mine died of lymphoma, he also had HCV.  I have been trying not to look anything up until I get the results.  
Has anyone else discovered a lump in their neck?  
Thank you
Dee
I have a thyroglossal duct cyst.  It is a noticable lump right at the top of my neck, at the base of my chin.  In times of stress it gets big and scarey.  Remember the pictures of old-world woman with big goiters? -- well, it is not as big as that but it is in the same place.  Before I was diagnosed I was really worried.  There are two eye-ear-throat specialists in my town.  One likes to take care of things surgically immediately.  The other would choose surgery as the last resort and she is the one I went to.  Now that I know what it is, I can deal with it, and am glad I did not have surgery.  

"A thyroglossal duct cyst is a neck mass or lump that develops from cells and tissues remaining after the formation of the thyroid gland during embryonic development.

A thyroglossal duct cyst is a congenital (present from birth) defect. When the thyroid gland forms during embryonic development, it begins at the base of the tongue and moves down the neck through a canal called the thyroglossal duct. This duct normally disappears once the thyroid reaches its final position in the neck. Sometimes, portions of the duct remain leaving cavities or pockets called cysts. These cysts can fill with fluid or mucus, and may enlarge if they become infected. Very enlarged cysts can cause difficulty swallowing or obstruct breathing passages."

Dee, I hope that your problem is nothing.
bean
"
Thank you both so much.  I am worried but will try to do something else until I get the results.  
I am so grateful for responses.  You are better to me than my own family, they have been MIA since starting tx.  They did not understand why I needed to treat.
I will let you know when I find out.
Bean, that was  good information.  I read about that but thought it did not apply to me since this was a new problem.  The way you presented I understand; it could be something that just popped up but had been there.

Thanks guys
Hi  the doctor wrote it was a mass in front of the trachea, mid neck and there there is another on under the mandible
Thank you again.
Dee, it does not sound like yours is a thyroglossal duct cyst but yes, they can appear late in life -- mine probably started giving me problems 10 years ago -- and I never knew it was there although I was born with it.

I want to know, as soon as you do what you find out.
bean
Thank you I will post as soon as I know.  I am really not ready for another illness right now, who is? :)
Thank you for your kindness.

Everyone on here has been so nice to me, I barely miss my family as I have family here.
Dee,i am trying to think how to make you feel a little bit better but in reality I know that if it is a tumor/mass most of them are benign .For that to confirm you need biopsy..Most cancerous tumors take a while to grow I would think you would feel something there for awhile. Benign grows much faster. You might also have only a cyst which appears fast.Pls.try to sleep tonight and let us know your results.Thinking of you I know how you feel it is awfull to go thru this

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community