Hepatitis C Community

My 12 Week EOT Results

Hello all. I first posted here last Summer. HCV, genotype2, 18,000 particles of virus. Probably 35 years ago. Early F3.
    I just got the results 5 minutes ago. HCV not detected. I had a hard time with Ribavirin. Anemia, depression. I am still not fully back from it, but that's OK because I am UNDETECTED. YAY! Thank you for all of your support. Leagh
Congratulations on your SVR and I appreciate your honesty about Riba, I never met a hepper who liked it and most hate it.  Good for you, incidentally what drugs were you on for G2?
I was given a prescription for Ribavirin and Sovaldi. 3 months. At 1200 mg per day of Riba, I became anemic. Down to 9.9 after a month. The dose was adjusted to 1000 mg then 800 mg for the last 3 weeks. My joints became sore (shoulders especially), and they still are about 50% as sore as they were. But I am getting better. I drank no alcohol, and gave up cigarettes almost two years ago. Blue Shield only covered two months Sovaldi. I had to come up with the third month myself.
Congrats Leagh!
Welcome to Dragon Slayer Leagh :-)
Congratulations!   It's always good to hear a success story.  
Congratulations!  Yes, RIBA is a 'pain' but I am so glad we have it available!  

Yours is a Good News - Good News situation:  you are undetected (SVR) AND things keep getting better from here.  RIBA put me on a walker - of course, I was on it for 24 weeks, and talked my Dr out of lowering my dosage (I am retired, 8 was Gt 3, and my HMG leveled out at 9. 1).  It has been 14 months and I feel better than than I can ever remember.  I could not see the improvement from day to day, but could look back every week or 2 and see definite improvement!  

Keep on eating healthy, drinking lots of water, exercising within your capability (don't wear yourself down), and befor too many months, you, too, will feel like a new person!

Again, congratulations!

Blessings,  Pat
Congratulations on your SVR and Hep C Free life!