Hepatitis C Community

My Harvoni Queston

I am currently on Harvoni for my Hep C and I wanted to ask  has anyone had the virus return or a unsuccessful treatment?
Yes sadly there have been a few who relapsed post treatment and are looking for the next best treatment.

Have you treated before and do you have any liver damage?

I was a 3 time interferon null responder also relapsed after treating with sovaldi and olysio for 12 weeks. and I have cirrhosis for 8 years. I treated with Harvoni for 24 weeks and ribavirin for 15 of those weeks due to my treatment history and I am cured.

The odds of beating the virus are on your side but 99% isn't 100%

Good luck
Lynn
Mike, you're already in the pool so swim to the deep end and then get out on the other side!

Harvoni is light years away from previously recommended treatments so your chances of reaching SVR (sustained viral load) are quite good

I relapsed on a previous regimen of Sovaldi but did 12 weeks of Harvoni with Ribavirin and am now cured

Success depends on a number of factors, whether one is cirrhotic or not, treated before or not, general health, Genotype and length of treatment, to name a few factors

Good luck with treatment! It may not be a piece of cake - some have sx during and post treatment but it is So worth it!

~ Linda